How long before the leftys....

All Tell

I believed he was assigned Secret Service after the DNC in 2008. Maybe even before then. It was wise to do so.

And for the record, I understand and accept that the POTUS and his family should have highly skilled armed protection and mine shouldn't.

Do you really believe he didn't have armed protection much earlier in his career?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought about it. He may have. Who cares? If he can afford it go for it. If I could afford it or have the taxpayers pay for it I'd have it to.

I agree, but he should't be hindering the ability of others to provide themselves the same protection. That is the point.

I don't need armed guards. Last time I checked' date=' people weren't constantly wishing me dead, and talking about how America would been a better place without me. Unless Dragonfire is plotting something behind my back back home. :scared:[/quote']

Well, I didn't used to think people wanted me dead....then BGP gained a political forum, and I got "outted" as a "liberal" in Kentucky. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Do you really believe he didn't have armed protection much earlier in his career?

If he's like most other politicians, he probably bought into that idea a long time ago. You hear stories all the time of relatively unknown people (quasi-famous politicians, sports figures, etc.) running around with a security detail not because they actually need it, but because they like the way it makes them feel more important than they really are. Y'know, kind of like college football coaches.

No, but if I was wealthy enough I would be able to provide training and weapons to produce a security force comprable to the President's, not including the military. However, that would be impossible if the right to own those weapons were taken away. Why should't a citizen with the available resources be allowed to protect themselves and their families in a comprable manor?
You probably would be wealthy enough if you hadn't spent so much of it on those guns .

One thing that the President didn't propose . Liability Insurance . Every gun owner should have a liability insurance policy for every gun that they own .We have to do it for automobiles l see no reason why gun owners shouldn't have to do the same .

One thing that the President didn't propose . Liability Insurance . Every gun owner should have a liability insurance policy for every gun that they own .We have to do it for automobiles l see no reason why gun owners shouldn't have to do the same .

Because it's stupid.