NBA to Louisville?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wonder how attendance would be. There will be 41 nights of games. While the place would be full for the Heat, the Lakers, the Thunder, and some others, how many people will be there to watch the 76ers? The Bobcats? The Suns? While the team would likely share the arena with Louisville, meaning the Cardinals wouldn't have too many conflicting dates, what happens if Kentucky is home the same night as the NBA team? Would UK and UofL fans go to the NBA game if their team was playing on TV that night?

As someone above said, I just can't see it being successful. If the NBA were to have fewer home games, maybe around 28-34, then it might stand a better chance. That's just my opinion.

^I understand your point, but I think they'd be at or near capacity for the majority of games. Think about it like this...The Wizards or Bobcats come to town, you don't think there will be a large number of UK fans jumping at the bit to get a chance to see John Wall or MKG play again?

Speaking as one potential season-ticket holder, if the Grizzlies and Pacers are any indication of the types of ticket prices we'd be paying, I think I could be persuaded to buy seats in the upper deck, so long as I could get them for about $600-$700 ($15-$18 per game), which seems to be the going rate for seats in those places. I couldn't shell out for seats any closer as they seem to climb REALLY steeply as soon as you go low.

I'm still not on board with this idea as there are too many other variables to work out.

^I understand your point, but I think they'd be at or near capacity for the majority of games. Think about it like this...The Wizards or Bobcats come to town, you don't think there will be a large number of UK fans jumping at the bit to get a chance to see John Wall or MKG play again?

Would the allure of seeing former UK players be worth the cost? I'd assume the lowest price would still be around $30. I seem to recall the novelty of the UK alumni games wearing off pretty quickly in terms of attendance. I fear the same thing would happen with this.

Would the allure of seeing former UK players be worth the cost? I'd assume the lowest price would still be around $30. I seem to recall the novelty of the UK alumni games wearing off pretty quickly in terms of attendance. I fear the same thing would happen with this.

It'd be way cheaper than $30 a seat. Check out prices for other teams in the vicinity (Pacers and Grizzlies). More like $15-$20 most likely.

It'd be way cheaper than $30 a seat. Check out prices for other teams in the vicinity (Pacers and Grizzlies). More like $15-$20 most likely.

Unless the team is being very successful. I don't see it being filled to the max on most nights after the first year or two. I do think it will be for the first or even 2nd year just because of the excitement of having an NBA team. However I think that would die down quickly unless it is a very good team. Even though I am not a huge NBA guy it would be neat to have one close by.

The Grizzlies differentiate enough from being in the first 10 rows of the upper arena ($15 per game) and being in the back ($5 per game).

I would much rather see Freedom Hall upgraded and make it the home of an NBA team. No conflicts with UL then. I would love to see all of the UK guys play.

I absolutely wouldn't. The fairgrounds is an awful place to visit for pretty much anything. Most of what makes the Yum Center so appealing is its location in the heart of downtown Louisville and all the pre- and post-game bars and restaurants that come with it.