Newport Catholic in the finals, Two former Breds leading teams to glory.

mexitucky

I expect a large portion of the NewCath faithful to stick around to support Randy and the Jags on Saturday since they play back to back. :thumb: Coach Schnieder should be proud of these two.

There will be Cooper faithful there for the NCC game as well. Let's make it a memorable Saturday!

The two teams that met at the beginning of the year at the final scrimmage before the regular season started now get to play on the final Saturday of the season. How awesome is that?

I would have to say this will be one of the cooler stories leading up to the championship games this weekend. Both have done tremendous jobs with their respective schools! If you think back, Randy Borchers was rumored to be a finalist for the Dixie job, but chose to stay at Cooper and continue to build on what he and his staff had begun. It would be a tremendous accomplishment for both Newcath & Cooper to capture state titles, but would be an even greater victory to those of us who prefer loyal, hard-working men lead our children. I, for one, have always rooted for each and every NKY team who gets the chance to play in the state finals. Nothing could make this member happier than a clean sweep this weekend. Best of luck to Cooper, Newcath & Highlands this week! Stay healthy and travel safe.

I would have to say this will be one of the cooler stories leading up to the championship games this weekend. Both have done tremendous jobs with their respective schools! If you think back, Randy Borchers was rumored to be a finalist for the Dixie job, but chose to stay at Cooper and continue to build on what he and his staff had begun. It would be a tremendous accomplishment for both Newcath & Cooper to capture state titles, but would be an even greater victory to those of us who prefer loyal, hard-working men lead our children. I, for one, have always rooted for each and every NKY team who gets the chance to play in the state finals. Nothing could make this member happier than a clean sweep this weekend. Best of luck to Cooper, Newcath & Highlands this week! Stay healthy and travel safe.

Well said. :thumb:

Randy Borchers and Eddie Eviston are ex-NewCath teammates. This weekend, they have a chance to be state championship winning Head Coaches. Both were captains on the Hill and I voted for both. This is pretty awesome.

It's great they are playing back to back. Randy is doing great job and is a great person, I wish him luck this week! Eddie is alright I guess. Lol