Serious Bus Crash in Carroll County

Birdsfan

A Carroll County school bus carrying approx. 15 students has flipped over and hit a tree on Boone Rd. in Carroll County. The bus was completely destroyed. Reports are sketchy, but it appears that victims have been flown to Kosair and other hospitals. The hospitals have been put on alert for the possibility of more patients. Also was a report of the coroner being on the scene, but that is unsubstantiated. We pray for these children and adults! :cry:

Link to Chopper Photos of the Scene

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Carroll County school bus carrying approx. 15 students has flipped over and hit a tree on Boone Rd. in Carroll County. The bus was completely destroyed. Reports are sketchy, but it appears that victims have been flown to Kosair and other hospitals. The hospitals have been put on alert for the possibility of more patients. Also was a report of the coroner being on the scene, but that is unsubstantiated. We pray for these children and adults! :cry:

Link to Chopper Photos of the Scene

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how the bus got contorted into that position?

It was a Head Start bus traveling on Boone Road. The bus left the road, partially overturned, and struck a tree. There were nine pre-school age children on board, along with the driver and an assistant. Two of the children were pronounced dead at the scene. One child went to UK Hospital. Three children and the adult assistant were transported via Air Care. Three other children were released to their parents. The bus driver was not injured. They’re not sure yet, what caused the crash.

It was a Head Start bus traveling on Boone Road. The bus left the road, partially overturned, and struck a tree. There were nine pre-school age children on board, along with the driver and an assistant. Two of the children were pronounced dead at the scene. One child went to UK Hospital. Three children and the adult assistant were transported via Air Care. Three other children were released to their parents. The bus driver was not injured. They’re not sure yet, what caused the crash.
I know this may not be the appropriate reaction, but the more I look at the pics, the madder I get. I would like to know what the heck happened. Wind? The roads don't look terribly wet. I just hate it for all involved.

It says there was another vehicle involved. He must've slammed into that bus to put it up against that tree like that. You can see a large indentation on the side not bent over that tree.

Is there another vehicle? I don't see one in any of the pics. I don't see a dent either in the side that is in the air. Looks like the bus was on it's side and the roof hit the tree and the frame separated from the cab.

It says there was another vehicle involved. He must've slammed into that bus to put it up against that tree like that. You can see a large indentation on the side not bent over that tree.
The KSP press conference didn't mention any other vehicle being involved.

Sending prayers from Independence. There seems to be a handful of accidents with a school bus every year. My daughter wants to ride the bus next year for first grade, and i was already worried about it. Granted its only a five minute ride but still makes me nervous. May god bless these families suffering tonight. I cant think of anything worse than death of a child.