The sooner UK makes a coaching change the sooner...

theguru

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

haha, I swear im not drunk today, Lets try this again....................

Joker can can go out and get the best assistants money can provide, its UK's who ultimately says yes or no to actually paying to get those good asst coaches and keep them on staff. Joker has no control over parts of the money.

haha, I swear im not drunk today, Lets try this again....................

Joker can can go out and get the best assistants money can provide, its UK's who ultimately says yes or no to actually paying to get those good asst coaches and keep them on staff. Joker has no control over parts of the money.

Got it, thanks. :D

Totally worthless numbers. Brooks took over in the middle of NCAA sanctions and left on a school record bowl streak. Joker took over at a high point and has only gotten worse. Add to that the fact that Joker had already been in the program for years, and he doesn't get the benefit of "give him time to get his guys in."

Brooks

2003: 4-8

2004: 2-9

2005: 3-8

2006: 8-5

2007: 8-5

2008: 7-6

2009: 7-6

Joker

2010: 6-7

2011: 5-7

2012: best case seems to be 4-8 (Kent St, WKU, Samford, and a lucky one against Miss St, Vandy, or ???)

Edit... best case is 2-10. Samford is 3-0 though, so maybe 1-11.

• 1 month later...
Talk of hiring Petrino is beyond hilarious. His disdain for UK football was intense, genuine, and very public.

It doesn't matter because he will have a better job than Kentucky before the last bowl game is played this year; even if that weren't the case, I would be shocked if Petrino seriously considered UK.

Oh, he's called them a lot worse than smurfs.:sssh:

It is kind of funny hearing a UL fan say that he knows for sure that he hated UK by what Petrino had to say. It seems to me Petrino has done a great job at fooling UL fans, Atlanta Falcons owners, and then the Arkansas adminstration. He has shown he knows what to say to make people happy, and there is nothing better to talk about if your at UL than talking about how much he would hate UK. Just like it was easy for him to look players in the eyes, or adminstration and act like he would stay. Or like he did at Arkansas lie to his boss at first about the girl. So to act like how he acted at UL, and how he said he felt about UK while at UL means nothing.

If UK did honestly make a run at him, I would bet he definitely would listen. A chance to be back in KY and in the SEC would be hard for him not to look at. Especially since he knows its not like the next job he will land will be a huge big time gig. UK would be the perfect job for him to get his career back on track, and use UK as a stepping stone. So I think it is very realistic that he might come here, it just comes down to if UK would want to even try for him though.

I'm not talking about public statements made by Petrino, but believe whatever you like. Petrino is NOT going to ever coach the University of Kentucky football program.

You all sure also seemed to believe that he wouldn't leave UL when he did either. You have to realize that Petrino is not going to get a top notch coaching gig for his next job, shoot some college football people have even said he may even have to just take an OC gig if he does not want to take a step down again as a head coach. Petrino's life just hit a brickwall, he just had a team that could have possibly competed for the title this year, and now he is no longer apart of that. Things change when your life has a big change like it has for him.

UK may not even try to go after him, but if UK did I bet you he definitely would listen and give it a strong consideration. My fellow UK fans woudln't like it, but UK would be a good stepping stone job for him to get a bigger job again at a true football school.

Petrino will have a better job offer than Kentucky. He's a snake, but he's a snake that wins in a very exciting way with lots of points.

Petrino would take a job in a less prestigious conference with a chance to win and rehab his rep rather than try to lead Kentucky to moderate success in the SEC. There are just easier places to win enough to get a better job in a year or two. But I'll point out again that I don't think he'll need to wait that long. Some program with resources and a commitment to football success is going to decide that he's worth the baggage he brings, maybe that he's even chastened enough to be somewhat trusted.

Petrino said things about UK football when it was "nobody here but us chickens" (and no Louisville fans to play to) that would get me banned if I repeated them here, even if I used asterisks. You have a better chance with Gruden. Just sayin'.

You hear have of players bad mouthing teams in pro sports yet one day end up playing for those teams, things happens. No one in the world would have ever thought Jason Taylor would go to the Jets after how much he always said he hated the Jets, etc and he still ended up there. It is one thing to say it, and it is another when you might need a job. A chance to be back in KY and in the SEC and with the money UK possibly could try to spend on him probably would get him to consider it. As I said chances are UK probably won't even try to get him anyways because UK doesn't seem like they want to go after good coaches who could turn their program around. However if they do actually try, I bet you he would listen. Not to mention if he could even just get UK going in the right direction it could lead to him landed a true big football program job. It all comes down to if UK would even try for him.

Well you may have been right about Petrino never coaching at UK. However it is not because Petrino is not interested in UK...

Bobby Petrino, former Arkansas coach, has interest in vacant Kentucky job, according to father - ESPN