The sooner UK makes a coaching change the sooner...

theguru

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they can get back on the right track.

Being a good assistant/recruiter doesn't always translate to being a good (or even decent) head coach.

Whats funny is I tried to say how UK was making a mistake by hiring him when Brooks retired, and I got tore up for it. The majority of the people on here were very happy and supportive of it. UK had a chance a blew it when Brooks retired. Now it would just be nice to get back to where he had them.

Whats funny is I tried to say how UK was making a mistake by hiring him when Brooks retired, and I got tore up for it. The majority of the people on here were very happy and supportive of it. UK had a chance a blew it when Brooks retired. Now it would just be nice to get back to where he had them.

And that's at least 1 million times I've read some variation of this post by you in the last 2 years. You have to be tired of patting yourself on the back.

There are exceptions, but the coach-in-waiting philosophy is not one I buy in to. All in the name of preserving some recruiting integrity. I was never a fan of this hire.

Well to late now. Who would be a good candidate out there right now? It's a shame we might just have a whole wasted year here. Hope not. We only need 6 wins right. Doesn't that make most people happy.

6 wins is virtually impossible for this team. Joker just got the worst compliment possible. Charlie Strong thinks he should be given more time. I bet he does.

They should have canned him last year.

You can get a certain vibe about how things are going and they have been in decline for the last two years.

Joker may be a great person and all, but he instills very little passion or excitement in the program.

UK is going to have to overpay for a coach, but they need to if they want to get a good one.

By rewarding Joker because of the equity he built up for his time at UK per Barnhart, UK will slop through another year with 4-5 wins at best and be further behind. However, the decision to retain Joker may ultimately cost Barnhart his job as well.

They should have canned him last year.

You can get a certain vibe about how things are going and they have been in decline for the last two years.

Joker may be a great person and all, but he instills very little passion or excitement in the program.

UK is going to have to overpay for a coach, but they need to if they want to get a good one.

By rewarding Joker because of the equity he built up for his time at UK per Barnhart, UK will slop through another year with 4-5 wins at best and be further behind. However, the decision to retain Joker may ultimately cost Barnhart his job as well.

Barnhart is safe