Praying in football

Does the team you support pray before or after games?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Does the team you support pray before or after games?

Does your team have a prayer before or after games? A thread in the politics and religion forum got me wondering about this. Does your team have a pre and or post game prayer as a team? If you aren't sure whether or not they currently do then what about back when you played(if you ever played)?

Monroe does as well. They circle up and give their thanks for everyone and everything. In a game that the schools are close I have seen the other team kneel with us as well. Its tradition and I am 100% for it. They will never take it out of our school!!! A student leads the prayer before the games over the intercom before The National Anthem is played...

Why?

Sportsfan referred to a topic in P&R that talks about this. A group is saying a coach is violating the law by taking his kids to a church for meals, reciting scripture, etc. Thus, the impetus for this particular thread unless SF is just wondering if anyone prays.

I can't imagine anyone having an issue if the boys got together in a huddle and said a prayer. No law against that. The coach leading it though????? Different story.

Sportsfan referred to a topic in P&R that talks about this. A group is saying a coach is violating the law by taking his kids to a church for meals, reciting scripture, etc. Thus, the impetus for this particular thread unless SF is just wondering if anyone prays.

I can't imagine anyone having an issue if the boys got together in a huddle and said a prayer. No law against that. The coach leading it though????? Different story.

I guess our high school football coach and basketball coach would be put under the jail then.

Why?

Groups liket he ACLU believe when a coach leads the prayer then a representative of a tax funded organization is stepping over the line of seperation between church and state.

Whether their belief holds any weight depends on how one interprets the seperation of church and state amendment.

Edited by Bert