AntiChrist

John doesn't dispute that an Antichrist is coming. The point he makes is twofold - 1) that an antichrist is coming and 2) that the spirit of antichrist is currently manifest in the world and present in some people.

That a man who personifies evil is coming at the end of the age is clearly taught. What we have chosen to call him is of less importance, but antichrist is logical. The word trinity isn't found in the Bible at all, if I'm not mistaken.

Randy Parker was correct. Paul clearly teaches about it in 2 Thessalonians 2 when he writes the Thessalonians that the coming of Christ will be preceded by the revelation of the "man of lawlessness", "the son of destruction". Paul also says in v. 7 that the "mystery of lawlessness is already at work", which echos what John writes, i.e., that antichrist is coming, but the spirit that will drive him is already at work in the world.

There are other passages that support this belief as well...

Daniel 7 - a king will arise to oppose God. Daniel 9 - the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city. Daniel 11 - a king who exalts himself above and speaks astonishing things against God.

Also, Revelation 13 (mentioned by Randy Parker) tells us about the beast and the false prophet. And, some believe the rider on the White Horse in chapter 6 represents the antichrist.

• 2 months later...

I do not believe that the word (label, title?) "Antichrist" appears in the Book of Revelation, and certainly is not capitalized anywhere. Revelation, in chapters 13 and 16 describes the beast and the mark of the beast, and we as "sound byte Christians" have applied the title "Antichrist" to that beast in the end times.

Khalid is correct that the apostle John writes in I John 2 about their "having already been" many "antichrists," and defines that in I John 2:22 as "he who denies Jesus is the Christ." He also, in I John 4:3, states that he "that does not confess Jesus is not from God" is the antichrist, and that these people are "in the world already." He later seems to expound upon this in II John 1:7, wherein he opines that "many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist."

What I would say is that this was written in support of that general theme found throughout the New Testament to beware of false teachers. Matthew 24:5.

II Thessalonians 2 refers to the beast or "Son of Destruction" referred to in Revelation 13:5-6.

I think the beast and the antichrist(s) discussed in Revelation and I John are different.

I think the beast and the antichrist(s) discussed in Revelation and I John are different.

My interpretation is that the beast(s) of Revelation 13 describe antichristian government & antichristian religion working hand-in-hand. I am of the opinion that they speak directly to the Roman Emperor & the Emperor worship that was predominant at the time of Revelation's writing.

My interpretation is that the beast(s) of Revelation 13 describe antichristian government & antichristian religion working hand-in-hand. I am of the opinion that they speak directly to the Roman Emperor & the Emperor worship that was predominant at the time of Revelation's writing.

If that is right, then that is right now. America is the most unchristian it has ever been and all because of liberals and political correctness.

If that is right, then that is right now. America is the most unchristian it has ever been and all because of liberals and political correctness.

Yeah, we were really a Christian nation when we enforced slave labor, bred the slaves, committed genocide on the Native Americans, and took any land we thought we wanted. You know, the real Christian America.

Yeah, we were really a Christian nation when we enforced slave labor, bred the slaves, committed genocide on the Native Americans, and took any land we thought we wanted. You know, the real Christian America.

We, I don't recall being part of that stuff. Who said those people were Christians, was that every single person doing that or certain ones. Did Preachers go out and kill too?

We, I don't recall being part of that stuff. Who said those people were Christians, was that every single person doing that or certain ones. Did Preachers go out and kill too?

Yes, Christians, including preachers did these things. Just as an example, there were Christians at the Washita River back in 1868 that slit the stomachs of pregnant women open or ripped babies from the arms of women and smashed their skulls to the ground. Those same men today would probably view abortion as a sin.

If you are interested in learning American history, several of us can recommend some good reading for you.

So only "you experience" counts in the discussion? If it happened in your lifetime and to you, or you were aware of it is all that matters????

That must be a very small box you live in.