BW3's in Cold Spring Closing?

MJAlltheWay24

Would you consider Brothers a sports bar? I think I definitely would and that place seems to be doing very well.

I guess technically it is but it wouldn't be my at the top of my list if I was trying to pick places to watch games. It has more of a bar feel to me.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess technically it is but it wouldn't be my at the top of my list if I was trying to pick places to watch games. It has more of a bar feel to me.

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought of it as one either, but I went there for most of UK's Tournament run and it was a great atmosphere for that. The lacking of a big screen is probably what makes it feel less like a sports bar. It's almost like sports bar turn bar once the "big game" is over.

B-Dubs food is terrible in my opinion. Locally owned places like Longnecks, Dickmann's and Shakeys are so much better places to eat and watch sports IMO.

I agree, I only got to BW3 when im with someone who wants to go. Im sure whatever replaces the Bw3 in cold springs will do very well.

I get a lot of people don't like the quality of food at BW's, but I guess I'm a different bird. I've literally never eaten anything I consider a bad "wing" from any establishment. :lol:

Really? There are a handful of places for me, including two BW3 locations, where I won't go because their wings are bad. Number 1 reason: They don't cook them long enough, the skin ends up like a latex glove, and the meat isn't done enough and ends up rubbery. That's a bad wing.

Really? There are a handful of places for me, including two BW3 locations, where I won't go because their wings are bad. Number 1 reason: They don't cook them long enough, the skin ends up like a latex glove, and the meat isn't done enough and ends up rubbery. That's a bad wing.

BW3s are a mix of corporate-owned and franchisee-owned stores. This leads to the variance from store-to-store. The BW3 in the Highlands in Louisville does a great job. The one on Dixie Hwy is hit-or-miss.

BW3s are a mix of corporate-owned and franchisee-owned stores. This leads to the variance from store-to-store. The BW3 in the Highlands in Louisville does a great job. The one on Dixie Hwy is hit-or-miss.
I don't mind the Highlands B-Dubs but the OLD one in St. Matthews was easily the best. Had such a neighborhood bar feel with the patio and all. It was a shame when they moved to the corporate cookie-cutter location where it currently sits.

I don't mind the Highlands B-Dubs but the OLD one in St. Matthews was easily the best. Had such a neighborhood bar feel with the patio and all. It was a shame when they moved to the corporate cookie-cutter location where it currently sits.

Yeah, I liked that one as well.