BW3's in Cold Spring Closing?

MJAlltheWay24

I heard something about them being upset with the complex because when they opened they signed a lease and it stated they wouldn't allow any other "sports bars" in the complex. Now the Pizza place Raniero's (SP) moved down a few spots to the old blockbuster location and added a huge bar section and TV's. They weren't all that busy anymore and it probably wasn't a bad idea.

That very well could partially be true. As much as I like Raniero's, and I think the move down to the old Blockbuster was a great one for them, I didn't really see them stealing a lot of BW3's business. I figured they would simply get the overflow. But I'm also not in the restaraunt business.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That very well could partially be true. As much as I like Raniero's, and I think the move down to the old Blockbuster was a great one for them, I didn't really see them stealing a lot of BW3's business. I figured they would simply get the overflow. But I'm also not in the restaurant business.

I'd say they do pretty good when school is in session but both places are very low down my list of places I want to go and eat/drink.

I'm a very big fan of Longnecks and go there much more often than I do BW3's. You are right one as for as the better food, and it all being cheaper. We went there every Tuesday night for about 3 months for trivia and $2 beers (any kind they serve). It was great.

I usually go to trivia on Tuesdays too. Never win but the $2 Sierra Nevada's make it worth it.

Yep. They told me about a month ago that end of June was it for them. I've heard they're building a new one in Newport by the new Target and Kroger, but haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Probably kills my dream of a Winking Lizard coming to Newport Pavillion

This would make sense. I bid on building an outbuilding at Newport Pavilion a few months back that was gonna house a BW3 restaurant, a Chic-Fil-A, and another Chipotle.

I heard that they were putting in a Chic-Fil-A down there a while ago, been waiting on it ever since.

Ever been to Wild Mike's in Delhi? Best wings in the city hands down...

Well, the simple answer to that is, "no, I haven't". And if you say they're the best, then I can tell you that I WILL go try them in the next month or so. All the same, if I can get to a Quaker Steak & Lube within 10 minutes of walking out my front door, then for the most part, there's not much reason for me to get wings anywhere else.

I heard that they were putting in a Chic-Fil-A down there a while ago, been waiting on it ever since.

Yep. I bid on 2 outbuildings actually...they had tenants signed for a dentist's office, an AT&T store, a nail salon, a Mattress Firm, BW3, Chipotle, Chic-Fil-A, Sport Clips, a Verizon store, and then 1 or 2 smaller open tenant spaces still to lease.