BW3's in Cold Spring Closing?

MJAlltheWay24

One of my co-workers just told me that the BW3's in Cold Springs, by NKU, is closing. Anyone know if that's true?

If so, it really suprises me. I feel like whenever I was in there, even if there wasn't a big game on, they still had a pretty solid crowd. There are not a ton of places to sit down and eat in that area, so I'm very suprised to hear this. Probably going to mean good things for Raniero's which opened back up not to long ago.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my co-workers just told me that the BW3's in Cold Springs, by NKU, is closing. Anyone know if that's true?

If so, it really suprises me. I feel like whenever I was in there, even if there wasn't a big game on, they still had a pretty solid crowd. There are not a ton of places to sit down and eat in that area, so I'm very suprised to hear this. Probably going to mean good things for Raniero's which opened back up not to long ago.

Yep. They told me about a month ago that end of June was it for them. I've heard they're building a new one in Newport by the new Target and Kroger, but haven't been able to confirm that yet.

I'd say Longnecks is more than a little bit of a factor here. I used to hang out at BW3 quite a bit and now everyone I know that used to go there now goes to Longnecks for their sports bar of choice. You can get better food for cheaper and drink prices are better as well.

Interesting move. I think it will probably still do well there. I'm just a little bummed for the NKU community. I wonder what will try to slide in that space now. It's quite a large area.

It'll still do well, but I had got to the point I was almost on a first name basis with most of the staff. The Newport location will be a new location, not a relocation, so most of the staff from Cold Spring will not be making the move (or at least that's what I was told a couple weeks ago).

I heard something about them being upset with the complex because when they opened they signed a lease and it stated they wouldn't allow any other "sports bars" in the complex. Now the Pizza place Raniero's (SP) moved down a few spots to the old blockbuster location and added a huge bar section and TV's. They weren't all that busy anymore and it probably wasn't a bad idea.

Heard that a couple of weeks ago as well said the people that worked there were informed that they would be closing some time this summer. Thought that was kind of strange especially with it's close proximity to NKU and them going D1. I figured if anything that would signal growth for their future business. I asked if they were just relocating but it didn't sound like they were.

I'd say Longnecks is more than a little bit of a factor here. I used to hang out at BW3 quite a bit and now everyone I know that used to go there now goes to Longnecks for their sports bar of choice. You can get better food for cheaper and drink prices are better as well.

I'm a very big fan of Longnecks and go there much more often than I do BW3's. You are right one as for as the better food, and it all being cheaper. We went there every Tuesday night for about 3 months for trivia and $2 beers (any kind they serve). It was great.