Villa Madonna 2012/2013

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard rumors that Villa will have 8th grade stand out Cole VonHandorf on their varsity team this year.

Anyone have more info????

Would make sense he was/is supposed to go to Cov Cath but they don't let 8th graders play up. Would give him valuable experience.

Would love to see Villa get back to the regional tournament.

Not sure if Cole Von H. (during his 8th grade season) will be the next Blake Bryan or Brian Hamilton but you never know. I remember the Villa Crazies representing in the stands during their OT loss to St. Henry in the 2008 9th Region tourney. Villa is a great school & the Sisters of St. Walburg Monastary are second to none.

I heard rumors that Villa will have 8th grade stand out Cole VonHandorf on their varsity team this year.

Anyone have more info????

If the plan is for him to attend Cov Cath, then why would Villa want him to play for them? I would think they would be better off to develop kids that go to school at Villa or are planning on going to Villa. Also, how would you like to be one of the guys riding the bench or getting cut so that a kid that is not even in the school there can get playing time?

Maybe he is planning on going to Villa. Even if he is not, this post is not meant to be a knock on him. He has nothing to lose by playing for Villa.

I have seen this same situation happen in volleyball and softball at different schools.

If the plan is for him to attend Cov Cath, then why would Villa want him to play for them? I would think they would be better off to develop kids that go to school at Villa or are planning on going to Villa. Also, how would you like to be one of the guys riding the bench or getting cut so that a kid that is not even in the school there can get playing time?

Maybe he is planning on going to Villa. Even if he is not, this post is not meant to be a knock on him. He has nothing to lose by playing for Villa.

I have seen this same situation happen in volleyball and softball at different schools.

Punt, no offense taken(or there shouldn't be). It's a fair question and one I'm sure they considered. In talking to some people there they look at it as having a basketball season to get the kid to consider VMA. Longshot from what I understand but I get their thinking.

Coach may be thinking he gives them a chance to compete for the district THIS season. Hard to tell seniors on VMA that they can't play with a kid who can help them in favor of a lesser kid who they know will be staying.

Punt, no offense taken(or there shouldn't be). It's a fair question and one I'm sure they considered. In talking to some people there they look at it as having a basketball season to get the kid to consider VMA. Longshot from what I understand but I get their thinking.

Coach may be thinking he gives them a chance to compete for the district THIS season. Hard to tell seniors on VMA that they can't play with a kid who can help them in favor of a lesser kid who they know will be staying.

What kind of size does this Von Handorf kid have and what is the liklihood of him leaving and going to Cov Cath next season?

He'll be at CCH as a frosh. He's an ace QB as well. I have heard he's approximately 6'0 now as an 8th grader. He ran with the CCH varsity basketball team this summer and did very well.

What kind of size does this Von Handorf kid have and what is the liklihood of him leaving and going to Cov Cath next season?

100% he will be at Cov Cath next year.

He likes football to much & his bloodlines are Cov Cath blue.

His dad played football/basketball at Cov Cath.