Reds Trade Bait...

Fifteen games ... yeah, a little over two weeks. Do you realize that 15 games in baseball is barely 10 percent of the season and that all players have hot and cold streaks?

It's a long year ... keep Stubbs in the #2 slot and we'll see how it works out.

And that's why you read the back of the card!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds would be stupid to trade for Youkilis and his salary.

I would trade for him depending on how much salary Boston wants to eat. Going from the AL East to the NL Central in a contract year would be a great time to see if he can get it going. I'm sure the more Boston eats the better prospect they would want but he is far better than Rolen and would probably play close to the same amount of games. Boston might even take Rolen back in the deal to help with the young 3B. If he misses any significant time you have Frazier or Cairo to pick up the slack or even Rolen if Boston isn't willing to take him.

Fifteen games ... yeah, a little over two weeks. Do you realize that 15 games in baseball is barely 10 percent of the season and that all players have hot and cold streaks?

It's a long year ... keep Stubbs in the #2 slot and we'll see how it works out.

Who in the Reds lineup do you feel is better suited for the 2 spot? Cozart is obviously the ideal player for that position, but he's not going to move until Rolen/Frazier/Ludwick can bat the 4 spot so BP can be up front.... The Reds don't have many options.

Who in the Reds lineup do you feel is better suited for the 2 spot? Cozart is obviously the ideal player for that position, but he's not going to move until Rolen/Frazier/Ludwick can bat the 4 spot so BP can be up front.... The Reds don't have many options.

Very well said...I am pretty limited, I mean Dusty is pretty limited on what he can do...

Still a long way to go, but Shane Victorino could be an option...Phillies could be Sellers

Leake, Soto and Gregorius...Thats how much this trade would probably take...With Leake they get a young Starter, Soto is insurance for Howard amd Gregorius can replace the aging Rollins in a couple years...However I would pull the trigger...

He could put Bruce in the 4 spot and Phillips at leadoff.

Too much sense he wont hit back to back lefties he has to have them broke up...Really all he needs to do is flip flop BP and Bruce and keep the top the same...

Leake, Soto and Gregorius...Thats how much this trade would probably take...With Leake they get a young Starter, Soto is insurance for Howard amd Gregorius can replace the aging Rollins in a couple years...However I would pull the trigger...
Unless Soto can play left field, he has no value to the Phillies.

You mean leave it the same until Stubbed reverts back to hitting .245 with a .295 OBP, right?

It will be apparent that the lineup may be in need of a shake up when the Reds start losing everynight...Idc what the numbers say if they are winning than they are winning...

Stubbs has been great in the 2 hole this year. Granted, he hasn't had an enormous amount of ABs. However, I don't know why you would say he wouldn't be a good #2, when in fact he has been for the last couple weeks.

Through 60 ABs...

BA-.333

HR-3

RBI-9

OPS-.942

Sure, it's the Votto effect, but as long as Votto is here, I think Stubbs is a very good 2-hole guy.

His career has been as a makeshift leadoff guy. That has destroyed his numbers. He's been great in front of Votto. It's obvious he's a free swinger and being in the 2 hole in front of Votto will get him a lot of strikes. Plays right into his game, IMO...

You do realize he has hit #2 for weeks now and the Reds are rolling and Stubbs is hitting as well as he ever has...What make Cozart a good #2 hitter? I love Cozart more than anyone on here but I would rather have Stubbs and his speed hitting second...If he puts it in play he has a chance to get on base, so wouod Revere thats what you want in front of Votto...Cozart can handle the 2 hole but I would rather see him down in the order after Bruce, I see him as more of a run producer and he is still young...

Drew Stubbs is now 4 for his last 22 for a batting average of .182 with 2 runs scored, no RBIs, no walks and 7 strikeouts in his last 5 games. So much for the hot streak. And that's all it was--a hot streak.