Reds Trade Bait...

There are a few teams out there that are either out of contention or need help that may be willing to deal...A few that jump out at me are MIN, KC, BOS, NYY...I could see the Reds trading combinations of Leake/Soto or Leake/Lutz or Leake/Gregorius or Arroyo/Soto or Arroyo/Lutz or Arroyo/Gregorius...If the Reds were to trade Leake they could shift Chapman to the Rotation, move Marshall back to his normal role and bumb Ondrusek/Arredondo into the closer role...Also Bray should be coming back before long, and hopefully Masset will be healthy soon as well...The Reds also signed Weurtz who could play himself into the mix or Francis until these others are healthy...Soto or Lutz would give other teams a future 1B/LF/DH, Gregorius a SS or 2B with All Star potential and Leake a young #2 or #3 starter potentially...Arroyo could be a valuable trade chip as well for a large market team such as the Red Sox since he is pitching well again and is comfortable in Boston, this would allow the Reds to keep the young Leake...

From the Twins I could see maybe going after Denard Span for LF...He is a Left Handed Hitter with good Speed, Contact Rates, Patience and is fairly young still at just at just 28...I could alse see going after Ben Revere for LF...He is a Left Handed Hitter as well with blinding Speed, very good contact and is very young just 24...The Twins would likely part with Span for Leake and another prospect, Revere would probably take Leake plus two more prospects...

From the Royals I could see going after Derrick Robinson for LF...He is a swith hitter with good speed and a good hitter as well, he is just 24 and is blocked by Lorenzo Cain and Jarrod Dyson at the Big League level...He is in AAA right now for the Royals...Lorenzo Cain and Jarrod Dyson are also options...

From the Red Sox I would love to see the Reds go after Kevin Youkilis...He is a proven hitter and a Cincy native and could bat cleanup and rake at GABP...He plays 3B but has played some LF which is where the Reds would need to play him if Rolen stays healthy...The Reds made a similar trade to get Scott Rolen and he was a big key to getting them to the Playoffs...The Red Sox need pitching and they just brought up Middlebrooks there young stud 3B...Bronson along with Soto or Lutz and maybe Gregorius could probably get him and Bronson and Youkilis have similar contracts...

From the Yankees the Reds could go after Nick Swisher for LF...He has been good for the Yanks and would slide into the cleanup spot for the Reds...Trade Bronson and Gregorius who could be Jeters replacement in a couple years...

I know it's early but I'm a dreamer and on vacation :p... If Dusty isn't going to consistently put Frazier in LF then I can't tolerate the Reds LF situation much longer...He may not be great defensively but he can rake at the plate and I can live with the proven vet Rolen and his defense at 3B...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You need to stop the talk about Arroyo being traded, because a) he's vital to their success this season, b) no team would be willing to take on an aging veterans contract, and c) he has a full no-trade clause.

2) The Red Sox and Yankees aren't going to be trading contributors like Youk or Swisher

3) Leake doesn't have much, if any, trade value at present.

4) Didi factors in to the Reds future plans, no reason to move him.

5) A more realistic option would be someone like Bryan LaHair from the Cubs. They can't play him in LF (Soriano), and they aren't going to waive/trade DeJesus, and as soon as Rizzo is ready 1B is his.

Good insight on Bronson I did not know that info...As for Youk unless the Sox put him in LF when he gets back he will struggle to find at bats as one of their best prospect Will Middlebrooks is tearing the cover off the ball and plays 3B...I would personally be happy with Frazier in LF and no trade talk however I value everyones opinions and like to hear what others think...I hate trading prospects like Gregorius and Lutz who I think is the Reds everyday LF by next year or the year after...

^I'd venture that Stubbs or Hamilton is the everyday LF in the near future.

Great possibility although Lutz is tearing the cover off the ball and only started playing baseball in his late teens...He has great size and speed but has a way to go in LF...He should move all the way up to AAA possible this year and is blocked at first...Soto is blocked as well and they should be pretty nice trade chips for an AL team where they could just DH since they both don't really have a position right now other than first...Also Span was the most intriguing to me as well, a Left Handed leadoff hitter with speed and a great eye that makes contact...The Twins are bad and Revere is probably there future CF so they probably wouldn't trade him but I could see them moving Span for sure...The Nats are very interested in Span from what I have read...Span would have the ability to move everyone else in the order into their more natural fits, by being able to leadoff...

Span would intrigue me due to the fact that he's also a leadoff hitter.

I don't see that happening with the guys we have in the minors that will be getting close to ready.

Span - 12:$3M, 13:$4.75M, 14:$6.5M, 15:$9M club option ($0.5M buyout)

Good insight on Bronson I did not know that info...As for Youk unless the Sox put him in LF when he gets back he will struggle to find at bats as one of their best prospect Will Middlebrooks is tearing the cover off the ball and plays 3B...I would personally be happy with Frazier in LF and no trade talk however I value everyones opinions and like to hear what others think...I hate trading prospects like Gregorius and Lutz who I think is the Reds everyday LF by next year or the year after...

Middlebrooks still has options and will go back down when Youkilis comes back. However, given Youkilis' inability to stay healthy the last 3 seasons I'm sure the Red Sox would be glad to take 2 or 3 prospects for him if the Reds want to pay his salary. His option is not likely to be exercised next season. He's played 22 total games in the outfield, you wouldn't like watching him patrol leftfield.

Middlebrooks still has options and will go back down when Youkilis comes back. However, given Youkilis' inability to stay healthy the last 3 seasons I'm sure the Red Sox would be glad to take 2 or 3 prospects for him if the Reds want to pay his salary. His option is not likely to be exercised next season. He's played 22 total games in the outfield, you wouldn't like watching him patrol leftfield.

Still want to trade?

Still want to trade?

Middlebrooks will not go down, Youk is unhappy in Boston and needs a change of scenery...The Red Sox would probably eat some his salary if they can get a ML ready starter and a couple prospects...

See link...http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7907550/why-boston-red-sox-trade-kevin-youkilis

Edited by nkufan23