What do you buy for a 4 year old?

bugatti

My nephew turns 4 next Monday. I can't differentiate between a 1 year old and a 9 year old so I am lost what to get the kid. Side-note. One of the smaller kids I have ever seen. He weighs just over 30 lbs. If you did not know better you would think he is turning 2. I thought about getting him some muscle milk but he probably would not appreciate it :rolleyes:

My nephew turns 4 next Monday. I can't differentiate between a 1 year old and a 9 year old so I am lost what to get the kid. Side-note. One of the smaller kids I have ever seen. He weighs just over 30 lbs. If you did not know better you would think he is turning 2. I thought about getting him some muscle milk but he probably would not appreciate it :rolleyes:

Find out what he's into and just get him something in that line. At 4 it won't matter if he already has it or not. When my son was 4 he was into Thomas the train and that was all he wanted.

Find out what he's into and just get him something in that line. At 4 it won't matter if he already has it or not. When my son was 4 he was into Thomas the train and that was all he wanted.

Spiderman. But that seems like the only thing he gets.

I got one of my 4-year old nephews a stock of Matchbox cars this year. That boy LOVES cars. Actually, maybe check and see what his opinion of Disney's "Cars" is...or "Toy Story". Those are good starts. You could also get him some toys for playing in the yard...tee ball stuff seems age appropriate, maybe a Slip And Slide (seeing as it's coming up on summer) or some pool stuff too. Both of my 4-year old nephews are into Legos and Star Wars (and Star Wars Legos) as well.

I have 5 nephews between 1 and 6 years old (with nephew #6 on the way). I generally just walk down the toy aisles in Target or occasionally might even take a trip to Toys R Us and enjoy the heck out of buying them things I wish I had as a little kid. Oh, and along the lines of what Big Slick said, between birthdays and Christmas, there isn't a year that passes that each of my nephews doesn't get some kind of Reds and/or Cov Cath gear.

I'm a big book giver. I also like giving gifts like little houses to catch bugs in or microscopes to that age if kid. Their curiosity knows no bounds and they tend to get tins of use out if such things. If you don't like the parents, a tambourine will delight him, while driving his parents batty. :D

I'm a big book giver. I also like giving gifts like little houses to catch bugs in or microscopes to that age if kid. Their curiosity knows no bounds and they tend to get tins of use out if such things. If you don't like the parents, a tambourine will delight him, while driving his parents batty. :D
It is my nephew so the parents I do know. In talking about it with my coworker a tambourine may be a good idea for my amusement. Which selfishly drives my purchases sometimes :D

I was also considering a slip-n-slide. Is that age appropriate?