Realtors vs. Lawyers, who is less ethical?

Realtors vs. Lawyers, who is less ethical?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Realtors vs. Lawyers, who is less ethical?

I think generally speaking lawyers get a bad rap in life but we all know one that just makes our skin crawl. However, I know many more lawyers I think are absolutely fantastic. Recently I have dealt with a number of realtors and overall what a slimy bunch. Not all of them, but too many of them. I talked with one of my good friends that is a realtor and in her opinion since the real estate market has been so bad it has become a dog eat dog world in their line of work and she said she has noticed a difference in the way many realtors do business these days.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do each do that give them the unethical stigma? I'm familiar with the lawyer stereotypes (ambulance chasers, corrupt clients, etc.), but not so much with realtors.

Car dealers.

Just tell me what it will take to get the vehicle and quit the beating around the bush. I hate dealing with them.

Studies show that most people say they prefer the negotiations vs a set price.

With car dealers I think we all know the deal going in. In other words, other than Tom Gill Chevy (a business of character, LOL) I never really hear them gloating how honest or ethical they are, they are there to make as much money as possible. And no I have not had one negative dealing with Tommy Boy.

Studies show that most people say they prefer the negotiations vs a set price.

at least with a set price you know if you can afford it or not. When you have to negotiate it may go for a while.

I was at a dealer once and he kept asking me "what do I need to do to get you in this car?" I kept telling him to lower the price. He would not so after about 3 times I got up and left.

at least with a set price you know if you can afford it or not. When you have to negotiate it may go for a while.

I was at a dealer once and he kept asking me "what do I need to do to get you in this car?" I kept telling him to lower the price. He would not so after about 3 times I got up and left.

Logic says people would want a set price. That's not the case. You had better have a game plan going in the door.