Best Survivor Player Ever?

GrizzlyAdams

That is a good call. Hard to deny the only two time winner. But she never won a single individual challenge. Some might say that is proof she was the best ever and maybe it is.

Boston Rob would have to be right there beside her for me. The fact that he won in such dominating fashion when he should have been one of the first players voted out works in his favor.

Parvati is also in the mix. Contrary to Sandra, Parvati is in the top two of most challenges won. So she played the social game and also was good at the challenges. Getting beaten by Sandra hurts any argument supporters want to make for her as the greatest ever.

For those who like the challenge winners, Tom Westman has to be right there. He may be my favorite winner of all time. But he didn't have a very good showing in Heroes vs. Villains so not much of an argument for him as the best ever.

Russell deserves some discussion because he showed so well even though everyone knew his game, that he couldn't be trusted and yet he still made it to the finals. I also give Russell points for having perhaps more impact on how the game is played than any other Survivor because of the immunity idols.

Rob finished behind BOTH Sandra and Parvati when they played together...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell deserves some discussion because he showed so well even though everyone knew his game, that he couldn't be trusted and yet he still made it to the finals.

Biggest misconception ever. NONE of the Heroes/Villians had seen Russell's season when they went on the island. So he was an unknown again. All they knew was he did enough to warrant being labeled a villian.

I also give Russell points for having perhaps more impact on how the game is played than any other Survivor because of the immunity idols.

I think that is defnitely true. Honestly, I wish they would either get rid of the Hidden Immunity idols or make them extremely difficult to find. Russell changed everything when it comes to those.

Rob finished behind BOTH Sandra and Parvati when they played together...

Wasn't he blindsided by players who knew they had to get rid of him though? I'd argue that just because he was voted out earlier than those two shouldn't hurt him. His greatness was recognized enough that he had to be voted out for others to win. Greatness will never defeat the numbers game.

Where can you see stats like "days on the island" and most immunity challenge wins?

Wikipedia has # of days on the island for each but not sure about immunity challenge wins. (I know that's not a credible source for information though.)