Dish Network

akw4572

All funny business aside at some point I remember seeing something from Dish saying the majority of the Reds games were going to be in HD but I don't remember the stats and the more I think about it may have been last year.

Also, have you called Dish: 1-800-823-4929

And/or called the Reds?

Pretty sure it's up to each provider, not the Reds.

How in the world has someone never seen anything in HD? :eek:

I don't have an HD tv in my home, and I don't know anyone that has an HD tv to my knowledge. Perhaps I have at a bar or something but I never noticed a difference. Perhaps I need to see a standard and HD side by side to see what the difference is.

I understand that but I think a multi-million dollar organization like the Reds should have access to the answer ak is looking for.

I gotcha! I've seen a number of tweets on days where the Reds games aren't in HD and people such as John Fay/Jim Day don't have the answer for anyone, they say ask your provider. Maybe someone would know but good luck getting in contact with that person.

I had Direct before I moved. Where I am how Direct does not offer the local channels so I had to go with Dish. If I could get the local channels with Direct I would go back in a heart beat even if I had to pay $25 dollars more a month. Some of the reasons; the number of available HD channels is more with Direct, is Dish DVR is a royal pain to operate compared to Direct, after about 4 hours of watching without changing the channel (for example a NASCAR pre-race show and race or back to back NFL games) the Dish will shut down and you have to turn it back on. And I could go on and on.

Direct TV has this power save mode too. It can be disabled, so I'm sure you can disable it with dish as well

I don't have an HD tv in my home, and I don't know anyone that has an HD tv to my knowledge. Perhaps I have at a bar or something but I never noticed a difference. Perhaps I need to see a standard and HD side by side to see what the difference is.

Have you stayed at a hotel in the past 3-4 years? If so, you've seen an HD TV. Been to Applebees, O'Charley's or any other national resturaunt chain in the past couple years? If so, you've seen an HD TV.

Have you stayed at a hotel in the past 3-4 years? If so, you've seen an HD TV. Been to Applebees, O'Charley's or any other national resturaunt chain in the past couple years? If so, you've seen an HD TV.

No, he spends all his time parking on the grass in Florence so he can run his lawnmower at all hours of the morning.

Hotels yes, but I rarely if ever am there more than to shower and sleep. I have been to chain resturaunts and bars but like I said I haven really noticed any difference. Like I said I guess I would have to see a side by side of my current home Tv's and the HD ones.

FWIW, I have dish network and the Reds / Giants game is on in HD right now. I'm not really much of a baseball fan anymore so I cannot really tell you how often the Reds games would or would not be available in HD. What I can tell you is that where I live my regions FSN is Fox Sports Cincinnati. There are actually two FSC channels available 427 (SD) and 427 (HD). As is the case with most of the Regional FSN, the majority of the programming is in SD. In fact other than Reds games I cannot think of anything that I have seen on that channel that is in HD. I would assume that if the Reds game is available in HD than Dish Network would broadcast in HD.

As with anything personal preferences will vary, but I have had Dish Network for about 10 years and have never had any problems whatsoever. I always hear about how Direct TV has more HD programming, but my best friend has Direct TV and honestly about the only thing that he gets in HD that I do not, (and I actually care about) is ESPNU. Again taste may differ, but I really cannot remember the last time something I wanted to watch wasn't available in HD on Dish.

As far as the Dish DVR, I think it is great, the interface is easy to use, and I have had no trouble whatsoever. You can even use an external hard drive to convert certain non-dvr receivers into DVRs or the new Hopper receiver will work as a whole house dvr.