Would you live in a house someone died in?

formerkywrestler

Would you live in a house someone died in?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you live in a house someone died in?

• Yes
    • No

Sure, why not?

Actually.. Let me qualify that.

If a death occurred due to natural causes, definitely. If there was a crime of passion in the home that ended in death, I would certainly live there.

If there was a random murder that occurred in the home, it might give me some hesitation.

Sure, why not?

Actually.. Let me qualify that.

If a death occurred due to natural causes, definitely. If there was a crime of passion in the home that ended in death, I would certainly live there.

If there was a random murder that occurred in the home, it might give me some hesitation.

Why would the random murder give you pause?

Why would the random murder give you pause?

It would depend on what was known about the situation. If the killer was in prison, sure. If still on the loose, I wouldn't risk the slight possibility of having my wife live in a house where there was the smallest chance they might come back for a repeat.

It would depend on what was known about the situation. If the killer was in prison, sure. If still on the loose, I wouldn't risk the slight possibility of having my wife live in a house where there was the smallest chance they might come back for a repeat.

Gotcha. Wasn't thinking about it that way.

My cousin moved into the house next to my parents' house recently. Before him, a man lived there who committed suicide in the house. When my cousin moved in, there was still blood and brain tissue on one of the walls. I don't know how that gets overlooked prior to selling the house, but it did in this case.

As for my answer, heck yes I would! Living in a haunted house would be awesome. :D

My sister says absolutely not. Mom, my stepdad, and I are cool with it.

*I actually lived in a house where a guy murdered his wife in the bathrub.

So you moved into the old Widmer place, huh?

To answer the poll, I have and would again.

I've done it before. Cops gunned down the ex-owner of a house my brother and I rented in Covington, right on the front porch, when the guy went nuts and was threatening to kill his wife. Of course, the wife didn't tell us about this incident in her haste to move out of the place, right down to the point that I didn't even notice the bullet holes on the house's front facade until a neighbor later told me about the guy's untimely demise.

My mother in law moved to Florida. She rented a condo in a 55+ community. She rented from the kids of the lady who owned it as they were not 55 and wanted to keep it for later in life. They left it fully furnished.

The creepy part was they didn't do anything to the place. Didn't even remove anything. When my mother in law moved in, all of the lady's clothes were still in the closets and drawers. Heck her robe was still hanging on the hook in the bathroom like she was just there. It was a little wierd.