Tim's Future

I kinda hate starting a new Tim thread but I'd like to share some input. Look at Shaun Alexander. He is just like Tim, always Prasing Jesus after games and giving thanks to the LORD. He was like this in college. At the pro level later in his career Shaun was so busy traveling at speaking engagements he just didn't train as hard so he lost his job at the age of 32. Some of his team mates/coaches mentioned how Jesus was more important than football. Shaun is now a full time speaker.

Tim might not play much longer, he could retire right now and be set for life, as a speaker, it would be non stop. He is speaking in Kentucky at a school this spring. At the FCA where Mama works they are trying to get Tim to speak at some schools/colleges FCA camps, and he is too busy.

God's calling might come sooner than Tim thinks, but im wants to play and did his best at 1-4 Denver and went to the playoffs due to the whole team. He has the right to start at QB, but that will not happen. Is that fair to Tim? Its a business, just like Tim's new calling which will be soon.

Sean Alexander's career ended because he got old for a running back not because of his speaking tour.
:thumb:

AL. You recently said Tim would be a starter for 15 years. As I said that means he has a good shot at going to Canton. Has your position changed?

You know these guys personally, Larry?

I get info thru the FCA on them, I've met Shaun and have pictures with him and my family at a FCA event. Shaun spoke with my son when he was at Bama and Shaun mentioned my kid on TV during the Vandy game. I also have spoke to Shaun's Mom on the phone. The FCA Director has ways to speak to Tim thru the FCA and has spsoken to him many times. I have not.

These issues I have said are what I have read about Shaun. On Tim, its just a feeling I have, but I've been wrong a few times.

:thumb:

AL. You recently said Tim would be a starter for 15 years. As I said that means he has a good shot at going to Canton. Has your position changed?

Yes, Peyton changed it. Just like a tornado, one minute you have a home, the next minute its gone. Its a business decision, but things change. Thats why I brought this thread up, People change their minds every day about life/job situations. See Nick Saban.

I kinda hate starting a new Tim thread but I'd like to share some input. Look at Shaun Alexander. He is just like Tim, always Prasing Jesus after games and giving thanks to the LORD. He was like this in college. At the pro level later in his career Shaun was so busy traveling at speaking engagements he just didn't train as hard so he lost his job at the age of 32. Some of his team mates/coaches mentioned how Jesus was more important than football. Shaun is now a full time speaker.

Tim might not play much longer, he could retire right now and be set for life, as a speaker, it would be non stop. He is speaking in Kentucky at a school this spring. At the FCA where Mama works they are trying to get Tim to speak at some schools/colleges FCA camps, and he is too busy.

God's calling might come sooner than Tim thinks, but im wants to play and did his best at 1-4 Denver and went to the playoffs due to the whole team. He has the right to start at QB, but that will not happen. Is that fair to Tim? Its a business, just like Tim's new calling which will be soon.

I don't recall Shaun Alexander being anywhere near as over-the-top in-your-face about his faith as Tebow, and he certainly didn't court and garner the headlines for it that Tebow does.

Those who have actually met Tim Tebow and know him say he is a far cry from in your face and he does not in any way court the attention and headlines. If asked he simply is polite and responds and professes his faith when he can. For that he is reviled by some and worshipped by others. :idunno:

I don't recall Shaun Alexander being anywhere near as over-the-top in-your-face about his faith as Tebow, and he certainly didn't court and garner the headlines for it that Tebow does.
Well, can't explain that about Shaun, but I have photos of Shaun leading prayer in a Bama Locker room and him talking to his cheating on his wife coach. And that same coach finding a path way to Jesus.

Ever interview he did he was like Tim.He signs his autograph with the verses Psalms 37:4, and even talks about how he picked his number in high school #37 using that same verse. Each of us are different. Shaun could be over bearing with his faith I have heard.

Well, can't explain that about Shaun, but I have photos of Shaun leading prayer in a Bama Locker room and him talking to his cheating on his wife coach. And that same coach finding a path way to Jesus.

Ever interview he did he was like Tim.He signs his autograph with the verses Psalms 37:4, and even talks about how he picked his number in high school #37 using that same verse. Each of us are different. Shaun could be over bearing with his faith I have heard.

The only thing about Shaun's religiosity I ever discovered was late in his career when I called his brother about doing a freelance story on him for a NoKy magazine. Otherwise, it was a nonexistent factor, at least publicly. More evidence of "Tim" going out of his way to make a show of his beliefs.

If he weren't a football player afforded a monstrously huge stage, he'd be preaching fire and brimstone on the corner in New York City in bellicose tones, providing the whole carnival barker experience for the "unsaved."

The only thing about Shaun's religiosity I ever discovered was late in his career when I called his brother about doing a freelance story on him for a NoKy magazine. Otherwise, it was a nonexistent factor, at least publicly. More evidence of "Tim" going out of his way to make a show of his beliefs.

If he weren't a football player afforded a monstrously huge stage, he'd be preaching fire and brimstone on the corner in New York City in bellicose tones, providing the whole carnival barker experience for the "unsaved."

Alexander was always very vocal about his faith, and still is.