Kentucky 2008 Schedule

TheLegends64

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, it was. So was their in-league schedule.

Yeah man, Purdue, Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, and Michigan is weak. I know they may not be Florida's or LSU's but come on man, all of those teams are bowling. The Big 10 has 11 teams in it, 9 of those teams posted 7 wins or better, 1 had a 6-6 record, and the worst was Minnesota at 1-11. That's a pretty tough conference top to bottom. Not saying it's better than the SEC, but it's a whole lot tougher than some may think..

The SEC non-conference schedule should never be called into question. The in-conference schedule is always hellacious and they have a conference championship game before anyteam can win the conference.

UK has Louisville in non-conference and that is enough. They get UT, UF, UGA and Spurrier EVERY STINKING YEAR! And, oh by the way, they pick up Alabama, Arkansas and Miss St next year, all bowl teams.

Yeah man, Purdue, Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, and Michigan is weak. I know they may not be Florida's or LSU's but come on man, all of those teams are bowling. The Big 10 has 11 teams in it, 9 of those teams posted 7 wins or better, 1 had a 6-6 record, and the worst was Minnesota at 1-11. That's a pretty tough conference top to bottom. Not saying it's better than the SEC, but it's a whole lot tougher than some may think..

Line up the teams from toughest to easiest for both teams and there is pretty much a check on UK's side every time. Funny that only fans of Big 10 teams think that it is tough.

OSU KY

Sat. 8/30 Y'TOWN STATE TBA Sat., Aug. 30 Louisville Louisville, Ky.

September

Sat. 9/6 OHIO TBA Sat., Sept. 6 NORFOLK STATE COMMONWEALTH

Sat. 9/13 at USC TBA Sat., Sept. 13 AKRON COMMONWEALTH STADIUM

Sat. 9/20 TROY TBA Sat., Sept. 20 Open

Sat. 9/27 MINNESOTA TBA Sat., Sept. 27 TEMPLE COMMONWEALTH STADIUM

October

Sat. 10/4 at Wisconsin TBA Sat., Oct. 4 Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Sat. 10/11 PURDUE TBA Sat., Oct. 11 SOUTH CAROLINA COMMONWEALTH Sat. 10/18 at Mich. St. Sat., Oct. 18 ARKANSAS COMMONWEALTH STADIUM

Sat. 10/25 PENN STATE TBA Sat., Oct. 25 Florida Gainesville, Fla.

Sat. 11/1 Bye Sat., Nov. 1 Mississippi State Starkville, Miss.

Sat. 11/8 at N'western Sat., Nov. 8 GEORGIA COMMONWEALTH STADIUM

Sat. 11/15 at Illinois Sat., Nov. 15 VANDERBILT COMMONWEALTH STADIUM

Sat. 11/22 MICHIGAN Sat., Nov. 22 Open

No Confrence Championship Sat., Nov. 29 Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn.

SEC Championship

OSU........UK

USC vs Florida = tie they are too close to call year in year out.

Michigan vs Georgia = tie the both underachive

Ill vs Tenn = Tenn (Ill has done it for one year)

Penn St vs Bama = Great matchup but I'll take Sabans recruits coming in

Wisconsin vs Louisville = Great matchup and too close to call for me

PURDUE vs South Carolina = Air it out! I'll take Spurrier and the boys.

Mich. St. vs Arkansas = Good game but I'll go with the Hogs.

NWestern vs Vandy = Decent matchup but I'd take Vandy.

Troy vs Miss St = If Franklin stayed at Troy this would be a good one. Croom is doing a good job at Miss St and that's who I would take.

Ohio vs Akron= Nice matchup and tough to call. I'd probably take the Zips.

Minn vs Temple= Who cares but I'll take Minn.

Youngstown St vs Norfolk State= Glad KY finally got a patsy! Youngstown big.

No Confrence Championship vs Confrence Championship= This my friends is how the Bucs slide into the National Championshp!!!! As much as people complain about the BCS (I'm one of them) the some confrences play a confrence championship vs some don't is a mess! If they didn't learn that from totally shafting Mizzo then they will never figure it out!

I definatly think UK has a tougher schedule but there would be some very entertaining matchups in this group!