Owensboro Catholic 35 Trigg County 23

GridIronAce

Catholic dominated. D was outstanding, pressure on the QB was relentless. I have said this before and I will say it again Trigg is undisciplined. They have great athletes and always the ability to win but when it comes to the tough ones, they lose composure.

Congrats to OC beat FC. Going to be a good one! :dancingpa

Trigg is definately the most unsportsman like team I've seen this year. Also if #73 is D-1 material , then Catholic" #79 is also D-1 by the way, he is just a soph. 73 couid block only if he held.Also #73 & 40 would not shake hands a

after the game...... sound like a bunch of little brats or maybe big brats,,,,, Also Mr. Scribe I consider 35 to 23 destroying, two of Trigg's TD's were very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by the ACES!!!!!!! Trigg just couldn't keep up with our offense. I have never seen a team so tired. They looked like they played through 4 overtimes....

Gonna be a dandy next week at the Fort...

One thing I would like to see is for some of our coaches is to keep better cool...seems to affect the team in a negative way. I realize there is alot on the line but there is just a point where it can go too far.

Trigg is definately the most unsportsman like team I've seen this year. Also if #73 is D-1 material , then Catholic" #79 is also D-1 by the way, he is just a soph. 73 couid block only if he held.Also #73 & 40 would not shake hands a

after the game...... sound like a bunch of little brats or maybe big brats,,,,, Also Mr. Scribe I consider 35 to 23 destroying, two of Trigg's TD's were very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

OCath is a much better team on defense this year than last. They did a good job of shutting down Trigg's running game and keeping pressure on the quarterback. Trigg's defense also shut down OCath's run game, except Woodward had all day to throw the ball. Holland is the best receiver I've seen this year. He made some top of the shelf catches in the first half to key the OCath surge.

I was disappointed in some of the UC flags, although some will be called in a big game with that much on the line. I'm not saying they weren't deserved, just didn't like to see them on either team. Trigg shot themselves in the foot with the countless delay and procedure penalties.

As far as Trigg being tired, that's what happens when your skill kids have to chase the OC receivers then line up and try and outrun a fresh set of OC players. OC's depth won this game for them...that and Holland's big play catches.

Should be a dandy of a game next week on post.

This was a great game for the Aces. They struggled big time early trying to stop Trigg but as the game progressed Catholic started to make the plays. What really hurt Trigg was their depth and the fact that they had to resort to the pass. Once Catholic got the big lead Trigg was just chucking it down field not really knowing where it was going.

The two big players for Catholic were Holland, as Scribe said, and the TE Norcia. He made some really nice plays and opened some things up.

I still don't know why Trigg is going to run man coverage after it has cost them so much the last two years. It is obvious that Trigg had some very nice athletes in the secondary but you can only cover a guy for so long before he gets open.

Catholic really struggled running the ball against this defense so we will see how that plays out next week. I think we are going to see the same gameplan for Fort Campbell, no huddle and lots of passing.

Great game by the ACES!!!!!!! Trigg just couldn't keep up with our offense. I have never seen a team so tired. They looked like they played through 4 overtimes....

Gonna be a dandy next week at the Fort...

One thing I would like to see is for some of our coaches is to keep better cool...seems to affect the team in a negative way. I realize there is alot on the line but there is just a point where it can go too far.

Na.... Catholic got to relaxed and almost gave them the game. Coach Edge getting after them is part of it. Some kids need to suck it up and play.

YOur attitude will allow them to play relaxed and quit mode and lose a game in the 4th quarter. The other thing is this is how he coached that 2003 team on Defense and it worked. These kids need to respond and quit whining to their parents.

Na.... Catholic got to relaxed and almost gave them the game. Coach Edge getting after them is part of it. Some kids need to suck it up and play.

YOur attitude will allow them to play relaxed and quit mode and lose a game in the 4th quarter. The other thing is this is how he coached that 2003 team on Defense and it worked. These kids need to respond and quit whining to their parents.

I have to agree with you there, they do seem to get too relaxed when they get the big lead...but I also think our offense got a bit conservative a little too early.

I thought Norcia was a vital key in this game, he made a couple of huge catches and especially the one on 4 and 13 that he caught for td. Holland also was key along with the D.. :thumb:

I would have liked to seen Ijames take a few more carries last night.

Woodward threw for 255 3td's

Aces had 108 yds rushing

Man im so glad to see Coach Edge establish O.C. as a powerhouse this year. With this Passing system accompanied with great heart and decent athletes catholic, I believe, will continue for as many years as we can keep enrollment at average pace at OCHS. I wonder what the winning percentage is since the beginning of 2002( i think somewhere at 85% including this year). All O. C. needs now is definetly a state title! :cool:

Man im so glad to see Coach Edge establish O.C. as a powerhouse this year. With this Passing system accompanied with great heart and decent athletes catholic, I believe, will continue for as many years as we can keep enrollment at average pace at OCHS. I wonder what the winning percentage is since the beginning of 2002( i think somewhere at 85% including this year). All O. C. needs now is definetly a state title! :cool:

I think getting the new stadium is going to help out with enrollment. Once kids see this masterpiece in tact they will be flocking in.

I think getting the new stadium is going to help out with enrollment. Once kids see this masterpiece in tact they will be flocking in.

Oh definetly, it should boost the already large turnout for players to around 80-90 players, which is only matched by few teams throughout the state. I played for the aces in 2004 at OLB and i would of LOVED to play on that turf every week. We actually got to practice on the field the week before the state title game and it was so fast and fun to play on. I love the speed increase it creates, that should definetly put us at an advantage when teams go up against our high-tempo passing game next year. The only problem with the new stadium is that it will give all the public schools that play us another reason to gripe about catholic schools(falacy a/b recruiting,at least in terms of OCHS) which is just their excuses for getting knocked out of the playoffs. :rolleyes: