Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Catholic 35 Trigg County 23

Featured Replies

Na.... Catholic got to relaxed and almost gave them the game. Coach Edge getting after them is part of it. Some kids need to suck it up and play.

YOur attitude will allow them to play relaxed and quit mode and lose a game in the 4th quarter. The other thing is this is how he coached that 2003 team on Defense and it worked. These kids need to respond and quit whining to their parents.

 

I disagree somewhat. I don't think Trigg was ever really in the ball game after the 1st quarter.

 

I think Coach Edge is doing an excellent job. I also think that he is young and as he ages he will mellow. My disappointment was in his reaction to the fan that yelled at him from the stands. No matter how awful the fans can be, it is a coaches responsibility to keep composure and not stoop to the level of an obnoxious fan. That is not the example that a coach should set for his players or the youth that look up to him.

I disagree somewhat. I don't think Trigg was ever really in the ball game after the 1st quarter.

 

I think Coach Edge is doing an excellent job. I also think that he is young and as he ages he will mellow. My disappointment was in his reaction to the fan that yelled at him from the stands. No matter how awful the fans can be, it is a coaches responsibility to keep composure and not stoop to the level of an obnoxious fan. That is not the example that a coach should set for his players or the youth that look up to him.

 

I heard this happened. Any idea what the fan said to him? This was mainly what I was referring to in my previous post. This kind of stuff can't have a good affect on the players. He blew up after the late hit Ijames put on the Trigg player, and from my view it wasn't that late. I agree these kids need tough coaching but there is a point where you have to leave the fans and parents out of it and focus only whats happening on the field. OF course all of this is easier said than done. I might have had the same reaction if I was in his shoes. But I agree, he has done an excellent job and with age he should mellow...

  • Author
I heard this happened. Any idea what the fan said to him? This was mainly what I was referring to in my previous post. This kind of stuff can't have a good affect on the players. He blew up after the late hit Ijames put on the Trigg player, and from my view it wasn't that late. I agree these kids need tough coaching but there is a point where you have to leave the fans and parents out of it and focus only whats happening on the field. OF course all of this is easier said than done. I might have had the same reaction if I was in his shoes. But I agree, he has done an excellent job and with age he should mellow...

 

 

Football is an emotional game and Coach Edge never takes things for granted. I love his intensity all the way through. I know the kids love his passion. Thats why OC has so many kids out. Kids want an all or none coach. Nobody wants to play for a Wuss.

 

What I like about him the most is his calmness which will all of a sudden explode with intensity. Then He comes right back down again.

 

Keep up the good work OC. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.