This is awesome...

mexitucky

A regional final without Beechwood -vs- NewCath. All NewCath fans would have loved to play the the Tigers again. Aien't happening. A new voice is being heard. Beechwood fans have had a front row view on both teams, and I have not. In your opinion, who wins? What happened? Where is the game being played? I'd love some match-up info. Seeing a different match-up in the regional finals had it been Beechwood-Bellevue or LCA-Bellevue, it makes things much more interesting. Congrats to both teams.

It might be awesome to you but not Beechwood fans. If all the rumors are true Nky lost the best coach they have ever had. I know people like Owen Hauck but come on now Yeagle is the best in Nky.

Yeagle is heads and shoulders above everyone in NKY except for Homer Rice.

Dale Mueller has a very different style, but is just as good.

Dale and his staff are second to none in game planning. They come out with a great idea of what they want to do. What they lack that Yeagle and his staff had, was the knack to make crucial half-time adjustments. And let's be fair, Yeagle has done his work with less talent than Highlands.

Dale and his staff are second to none in game planning. They come out with a great idea of what they want to do. What they lack that Yeagle and his staff had, was the knack to make crucial half-time adjustments. And let's be fair, Yeagle has done his work with less talent than Highlands.

Let's be fair. A will always have less talent than AAA. That is why they have different divisions. Dale Mueller will have accomplished more than Yeagle at a higher level of competition when he has completed his coaching career!

Let's be fair. A will always have less talent than AAA. That is why they have different divisions. Dale Mueller will have accomplished more than Yeagle at a higher level of competition when he has completed his coaching career!

Higher level of competition? No. Higher level of overall talent? Yes. Sheer numbers tells you that. But never sell the Class A schools short in terms of competitiveness. It takes a magnificent coach to be able to take marginal, but committed athletes and teach them skill positions, line positions, whatever, as opposed to having those positions filled by multiple players with previous experience. While Beechwood has and will never lack for talented players, it's the back-ups and role players that make championships and there is just simply fewer talented role players to pick from at a Class A school. At a bigger school, you can be a decent caoch and excel becsause you ahve the talent and the numbers. At a Class A school, to really succeed, you better be one heck of a coach and teacher. Yeagle has more than proven himself.

The competition is relative. And many of those teams that Yeagle coached would have beaten Highlands and Mueller.

And how many of those teams in the mid 90's would have beaten Danville and Mayfield if they would have been forced to play class A like they have been the last 6 years?

Who cares. I was one of the many guys who played on those great Beechwood teams in the 90's. Give us the respect that we deserve. We can't help that Danville and Mayfield weren't in Class A at that point. Danville and Mayfield aren't true Class A teams as well. They have won different titles in 2A and 3A as well. But on the other hand as won all of their titles in 1A. Beechwood is the true king of Class A because they have won all of their titles in Class A. You might be right about we wouldn't have won all of those titles when they were there. Don't give me any stats about when Danville and Mayfield won those titles back then because to me it is blahh blahh.

I would have loved to see Yeagle at Cov Cath or something like that with just as good or more talent. I have always thought Yeagle was a better coach than Dale. Since they aren't in the same Class we will never know this for sure. One other thing I know some people love Bernie Barrie. I know that he lives in Ft. Thomas. One thing for sure is if Bernie was the head coach of Beechwood back in the 90's Lloyd and New Cath would have beat us. The only team he had to beat was Bellevue and Ludlow year in and year out. I know he only beat Cov Cath once. I'm pretty sure that he only beat Pikeville once. Mike was 10-2 or 3 against Lynn Ray. He never did lose to Pikeville one time. I know there are some guys who love Bernie on here. I'm stating facts if he would have been the Head Coach at Beechwood in the 90's there wouldn't have been a dynasty.

I'm not going to give you any Blah Blah stats. Just facts in the 80's and 90's Mayfield, Danville, and Somerset (who won no 2A titles but was runner up 4 times) were small enough to be in class A. To say they aren't true 1A teams is just wrong--they were and they chose to play at a higher level. The fact is the landscape in 1A would have been drastically different if the KHSAA would not have allowed teams to play up. Check out what those 3 teams did to some of the class 1A powers during those years and what they (Danville in particular has done since they were forced to play 1A) Your arguments ring hollow! Whether you played for them or not Beechwood was no where near Danville or Mayfield's level during those years and like I said they were "true" class A teams that just chose to play bigger schools--because they could. Danville didn't win the title in class 3A (and this is coming from a Somerset grad who is trying not to throw up in his mouth) because they were a big school. They were a 1A school that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere. They, Mayfield and Somerset have been forced into 1A--since that has happened I don't think Beechwood has been quite the superpower that you describe.

I'm not going to give you any Blah Blah stats. Just facts in the 80's and 90's Mayfield, Danville, and Somerset (who won no 2A titles but was runner up 4 times) were small enough to be in class A. To say they aren't true 1A teams is just wrong--they were and they chose to play at a higher level. The fact is the landscape in 1A would have been drastically different if the KHSAA would not have allowed teams to play up. Check out what those 3 teams did to some of the class 1A powers during those years and what they (Danville in particular has done since they were forced to play 1A) Your arguments ring hollow! Whether you played for them or not Beechwood was no where near Danville or Mayfield's level during those years and like I said they were "true" class A teams that just chose to play bigger schools--because they could. Danville didn't win the title in class 3A (and this is coming from a Somerset grad who is trying not to throw up in his mouth) because they were a big school. They were a 1A school that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere. They, Mayfield and Somerset have been forced into 1A--since that has happened I don't think Beechwood has been quite the superpower that you describe.

Somerset hasn't done anything since I have been watching football since the late 80'.s