This is awesome...

mexitucky

I'm not going to give you any Blah Blah stats. Just facts in the 80's and 90's Mayfield, Danville, and Somerset (who won no 2A titles but was runner up 4 times) were small enough to be in class A. To say they aren't true 1A teams is just wrong--they were and they chose to play at a higher level. The fact is the landscape in 1A would have been drastically different if the KHSAA would not have allowed teams to play up. Check out what those 3 teams did to some of the class 1A powers during those years and what they (Danville in particular has done since they were forced to play 1A) Your arguments ring hollow! Whether you played for them or not Beechwood was no where near Danville or Mayfield's level during those years and like I said they were "true" class A teams that just chose to play bigger schools--because they could. Danville didn't win the title in class 3A (and this is coming from a Somerset grad who is trying not to throw up in his mouth) because they were a big school. They were a 1A school that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere. They, Mayfield and Somerset have been forced into 1A--since that has happened I don't think Beechwood has been quite the superpower that you describe.

Your totally wrong again. Danville won the 84 title when the beat Hopkinsville. They were 3A. How do I know this because Beechwood beat Paris in 84. One question how can you even talk about Somerset when they couldn't beat Lynn Camp or Pikeville during those years??? Beechwood beat both of those teams during that span.

I'm not going to give you any Blah Blah stats. Just facts in the 80's and 90's Mayfield, Danville, and Somerset (who won no 2A titles but was runner up 4 times) were small enough to be in class A. To say they aren't true 1A teams is just wrong--they were and they chose to play at a higher level. The fact is the landscape in 1A would have been drastically different if the KHSAA would not have allowed teams to play up. Check out what those 3 teams did to some of the class 1A powers during those years and what they (Danville in particular has done since they were forced to play 1A) Your arguments ring hollow! Whether you played for them or not Beechwood was no where near Danville or Mayfield's level during those years and like I said they were "true" class A teams that just chose to play bigger schools--because they could. Danville didn't win the title in class 3A (and this is coming from a Somerset grad who is trying not to throw up in his mouth) because they were a big school. They were a 1A school that would play anyone, anytime, anywhere. They, Mayfield and Somerset have been forced into 1A--since that has happened I don't think Beechwood has been quite the superpower that you describe.

You are right about one thing. Our rings do ring hallow or whatever you said since most Beechwood players who played during that time does have 3 rings or more.

I think that I said they were 2A runner up 4 times since '78. My main point if you can read is that they were 2A also rans against some great Danville, Mayfield, and actually Ft. Knox (who has always been small enought to play 1A) teams and that all of those teams severely mistreated the 1A powers from about 77 through 99 when they were forced to play 1A. Beechwood has not owned nor will it ever own class 1A as long as those teams are playing in it. It is a whole nother level of competition. I don't think anywhere in there I talked about Somerset dominating class A, just that over the last 27 years they've provided better competition than any of your "true" A teams. Just a side note has there ever been an "untrue" A team? I didn't think the KHSAA let bigger teams play with the smaller teams. :sssh:

I think that I said they were 2A runner up 4 times since '78. My main point if you can read is that they were 2A also rans against some great Danville, Mayfield, and actually Ft. Knox (who has always been small enought to play 1A) teams and that all of those teams severely mistreated the 1A powers from about 77 through 99 when they were forced to play 1A. Beechwood has not owned nor will it ever own class 1A as long as those teams are playing in it. It is a whole nother level of competition. I don't think anywhere in there I talked about Somerset dominating class A, just that over the last 27 years they've provided better competition than any of your "true" A teams. Just a side note has there ever been an "untrue" A team? I didn't think the KHSAA let bigger teams play with the smaller teams. :sssh:

What was Beechwood's record vs 3A power CCH in that period???

Those teams won state titles in differnt classes not Class A. Beechwood is the only true team to win Class A since that is the only Class they have ever been in. Somerset might have been a good team back then or whatever you talked about but they wouldn't have beat us.

I never said that Danville didn't win a class 3A title in 84. They did, evidently you are too young or you aren't hearing what I'm saying. Danville, Mayfield, Ft. Knox, Newport Catholic and Somerset have been class A sized teams since the late 70's. They chose to play up in class because the KHSAA used to allow it. Had they enforced the enrollment rule during that time I guarantee you Beechwood would not have nearly the hardware that they do. I'm not saying that they aren't a great program--they are. However, they were fortunate not to have to compete against those teams that won, hold on let me count at least 10 titles in bigger classes during that time. Beechwood won it last year and I give them credit for that. However, anyone that thinks that they would have all those titles if they would have had to have played all the TRUE A powers in that time is fooling themselves.

I never said that Danville didn't win a class 3A title in 84. They did, evidently you are too young or you aren't hearing what I'm saying. Danville, Mayfield, Ft. Knox, Newport Catholic and Somerset have been class A sized teams since the late 70's. They chose to play up in class because the KHSAA used to allow it. Had they enforced the enrollment rule during that time I guarantee you Beechwood would not have nearly the hardware that they do. I'm not saying that they aren't a great program--they are. However, they were fortunate not to have to compete against those teams that won, hold on let me count at least 10 titles in bigger classes during that time. Beechwood won it last year and I give them credit for that. However, anyone that thinks that they would have all those titles if they would have had to have played all the TRUE A powers in that time is fooling themselves.

FALSE ACROSS THE BOARD

Give me some facts.

You have been mis-informed by someone. :confused:

FALSE ACROSS THE BOARD

Give me some facts.

I just gave you some facts. I attended and played at one of those schools during that time frame. Back then the state was divided by enrollment numbers--not into even groups. Schools had the option to play up in class which led to the classes having an uneven distribution, for instance almost all of the Louisville schools chose to play in 4A. Starting in 1999 the state was divided into 4 evenly distributed classes and schools were no longer allowed to play up in class--that is when the schools I mentioned were forced to go to class A.

FALSE ACROSS THE BOARD

Give me some facts.

I just gave you some facts. I attended and played at one of those schools during that time frame. Back then the state was divided by enrollment numbers--not into even groups. Schools had the option to play up in class which led to the classes having an uneven distribution, for instance almost all of the Louisville schools chose to play in 4A. Starting in 1999 the state was divided into 4 evenly distributed classes and schools were no longer allowed to play up in class--that is when the schools I mentioned were forced to go to class A.

I understand the way it worked. The schools you are talking about were not at class A levels since the 70's.....those examples are false. and for the gullable you paint the wrong picture. There are people who believe eveything they here and read.