Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Z5

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Z5

  1. Thanks. You know what I mean !
  2. Sleep on it and get back to me Wednesday ! BTW..I have no intention of hijacking a thread. Just want to point out what I see is obvious homer banter ! Beechwood has 2 guys that are not regulars who have committed to play at the next level. Just sayin !
  3. Hmmmm Beechwood has beaten the same 3 you mention in the last week. Dixie may go 1-5. I have seen them. Beechwood goes 1-12. You obvouisly have not seen Beechwood yet ?
  4. Miller did not pitch all weekend. He pitched 6 innings on Wednesday night.
  5. My exact thought walking to my car after the game.
  6. Boo woo (wiping tears )...CCH has a few trophys in their case when they have a loss to BW. Still wiping tears...
  7. Boys have to learn to stand and circle the plate and wait for the step on before celebrating. That wont happen again I'm sure.
  8. Chad Nussbaum was the 2nd basemen that made the play to end the game. What a grab and throw to end it. Hats off to Verst he pitch an outstanding game and has nothing to be ashamed of. After he set down the big 3 in order in the top of the 6th I thought for sure it was over for the Beechies. Middle and bottom of the lineup for BW stepped up big time in the 7th to tie it and set up the dramatic HR by Stringer for the lead. Just a great game and fun to watch !!! Good Luck to the Beechies in Lexington.
  9. Can someone provide directions to St Mary Field ? From Downtown ?
  10. In fact I think those were calculated pitch arounds to load the bases to face the hitter who was HBP ?
  11. No..not ball and strike related at all. Those walks were legit walks in my estimation.
  12. I was standing behind the plate for entire game. I think just his facial expressions and his tone in communicating with BW staff and players. Nothing really major that would have changed the outcome of the game. Just a vibe I got in watching the game close up. This was prior to me hearing he was scratched by BW. I will say this....I think he needs to brush up on his skills when it comes to his disposition as an ump in HS. I think it is unacceptable to get into a staring contest with HS players and coaches. This happened multiple times.
  13. Miller pitched for BW v WV. Complete game. 4 hits and 2 earned runs. Beechwood bats may have been suffering from a CCH hangover. BTW...The game yesterday was a real nice crowd and fun game to watch. I think both teams are capable of much better going forward. Look forward to potential match up(s) between the 2. I have a Q ?....do coaches in baseball have an option of scratching particular umps similar to basketball and football officials ? Reason is I understand the ump behind the plate in the CCH v BW was supposed to be scratched by BW? It seemed to me he had an obvious bias against BW. No excuse just an observation.
  14. My point is both these schools have ESSENTIALLY 2 platooned for EVER. In the 90's when Beechwood was putting it to CCH they played upwards of 20 or more players. Beechwood on the other hand played 13 or 14 tops. 2 platooning is not new as VOR reason has tried to imply.
  15. So 2 platoon is new at CCH ? And HHS ? That Dale Mueller is a regular Paul Brown. What an innovator he is !
  16. Really ? Please enlighten us on how and why ?
  17. Oh boy !!! I already read them one time ! That's all it takes for me. We are not that far apart in our opinions. Successful change is measured by the results of those changes. We will see how it plays out ? As for the "Your really not going there comment"? It had nothing to do with your opinion(s) but rather the fact that you referenced the kids from last years team by name (one name is not even familiar to me ) and that I should or might be intimidated or scared of them in some way ? And you would like to witness this ? That's the way I took it. And I think that's the way you wanted others to take it. Trust me, I don't roll like that. If I want to say something to anyone I will on my terms and how I want to. As for TIGER MOM..... This is a quote from my son. " Dad nobody believes that stuff on there. It's just a bunch of old dads that don't know what there talking about " It's the truth for the most part. But fun too !
  18. My Soft comment was a general comment and observation. I never said anything about Last years team (2012) or any individuals !!! Maybe you should have read the post 4 times. As for the 2nd part of the paragraph ? Really ! Really ! Your not going there are you ?
  19. I will support Coach Rash. His record is impressive. Ray Charles can see changes are needed. I am confident they will happen. These types of debates are the very foundation on which BGP was built and I have enjoyed debating this and your post was very clever and funny ! Have a good night and a better week.
  20. So all is well and no adjustments needed ? I have never said Rash should be removed. I do not expect you to understand the difference in expectations at Beechwood compared to Raceland or you name the program. As for spoiled brats ? That would not be the first time that was said for sure.
  21. Curious what metric are you using to compare the two ? State titles ? OK...Rash has one more. I would argue Barre accomplished more with less than Rash. Barre built that program and put them in position to have the success they had in the 90's and beyond. Barre is 7th all time in wins in the state of Ohio and a member of the Ohio HS hall of Fame. Not to shabby. I hope in 20 years we can say the same about Coach Rash.
  22. Also, the current staff has only 1 win VS CCH. Yeagle was well above .500 including a couple wins in years CCH was winning state titles !
  23. This post says it all and is a true barometer of your Beechwood knowledge ! 2011 team would not make my top 10.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.