Boone Co. 24 Dixie 6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie looked very average tonight. Turnover's and a few key penalties killed them. Boone's secondary did an extremely good job. Kyle Lightner and Kyle Gibson played outstanding! Boone came in with a great game plan as expected, Coach Thompson and Co. continue to get in done in the playoffs. They deserve a ton of credt. Farris had a big game on the ground again. Trinity next week boys!!!

Hats off to Boone County...

Colonels hold your heads high!! WE are VERY proud of you! You had an amazing season!!!! You proved the doubters wrong by winning the District Championship.....

Seniors... Thanks for the memories! Good luck in what ever you choose to do in the next phase of your life.

See the rest of you next season.

Dixie came out flat and played flat the entire game. Boone manhandled Dixie in all aspects. They played harder, hit harder, and they just wanted it more. It was evident to everyone in attendance. Plus, Dixie had too many mental mistakes tonight that hurt, and they couldn't tackle. They played like a young team tonight where Boone played like a veteran team.

Playcalling for both teams, I thought, were questionable all night long. Boone had 4th and 1 a couple times and does a toss or handoff to the deep back for an off tackle run when Bogle could've taken it himself up the middle as the tackles were spread wide and no LB was filling the middle. Dixie, well, we've all questioned their playcalling all year. Spritzky is a great coach, but an average offensive coordinator. Why give the ball to a LB on 4th and goal? :confused: Give it to a running back, and let the LB be the lead blocker. Nothing against Huber, but he's not used to the ball being in his hands.

The officiating, well, I won't go there. They didn't decide the outcome of the game, but were bad both ways.

What was the call with Metzger's chop block or hit below the waist, or whatever you call it? Kammer was the lead blocker for Farris, and I saw Metzger get lower than Kammer. With it being a head to head play with the ball carrier right behind the lead blocker, I thought the defender could go low to take out the lead blocker? :confused:

GT, you've got the tape. Was that a fumble by Metzger? I thought both knees were down when the ball came loose. To me, it looked as though the side judge never saw it come out until BC was jumping up and down.

On a side note, Farris is going to be the best back in NKY for the next couple years. That kid is tough and fast.

What was the call with Metzger's chop block or hit below the waist, or whatever you call it? Kammer was the lead blocker for Farris, and I saw Metzger get lower than Kammer. With it being a head to head play with the ball carrier right behind the lead blocker, I thought the defender could go low to take out the lead blocker? :confused:

GT, you've got the tape. Was that a fumble by Metzger? I thought both knees were down when the ball came loose. To me, it looked as though the side judge never saw it come out until BC was jumping up and down.

On a side note, Farris is going to be the best back in NKY for the next couple years. That kid is tough and fast.

1. No clue on that call. Maybe a Ref can help us out.

2. We had a bad angle on the replay. It did seem he was down.

3. No doubt. He hit the line with a ton of speed down hill...

Dixie,

You boys can hold your heads high after tonight's game. You've had a tremendous year. No-one expected you to do what you did this year. Many (including myself) thought this would be a rebuilding year with you battling for the 4th playoff spot.

However, you were 4A district champs. That's a great accomplishment and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Seniors, it was great watching all of you play. You've definitely made your mark at Dixie, and you've got some great memories to take with you the rest of your life. Congratulations on a fine career. :thumb:

Underclassmen, you've got the opportunity to continue playing for the next year, two, or three, so live it up. Remember tonight. Learn from this game. You will battle with this BC team in the future. Continue to work to get better. Hit the weights harder, run that extra mile. You've got a big bullseye on your back. You are the district champs, and there are 7 other teams that will want that title next year. They will give you all you got. I guarantee you that Ryle will work harder next year after their disappointing end of the season. I guarantee you that SK will work harder as they finally got that taste of the post season. CC will work harder as they felt shafted by not making the playoffs. BC will continue to work hard, and so will the other teams. They'll all be aiming at you. Don't be satisfied with winning a district championship this year. You can accomplish so much more.

1. No clue on that call. Maybe a Ref can help us out.

2. We had a bad angle on the replay. It did seem he was down.

3. No doubt. He hit the line with a ton of speed down hill...

1. At first I thought Boone was going to be charged with a late hit but when I saw Kammer come up, he was kinda limping so I figured he had been hit low. I didn't see it though.

2. On the fumble, to me it looked like he was down. I thought the ref from the far end blew the play dead but then the nearside judge came in and signaled Boone ball. Hey I wasn't going to argue.

3. He is ridiculous.