Boone Co. 24 Dixie 6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did hear both teams were stopped once at the 1 yard line on 4th down?

Secondly, how in the heck can a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs come out "flat"? Its not like they should have been overconfident since Boone handed them their heads in the first matchup.

Secondly, how in the heck can a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs come out "flat"? Its not like they should have been overconfident since Boone handed them their heads in the first matchup.

See post #32...

I considered that yet Boone has just as many SOPHS being counted on as Dixie.

Does the staff take the blame for the "flatness"?

Boone's SOPHS did the same against Conner. I think a lot had to do with the girst 6 minutes of the game. Dixie goes 3 and out. Boone goes on a long drive for a TD. Dixie SR drops a screen on next drive, Boone takes over deep in Dixie territory. Dixie kept trying to claw back, but Boone always had an answer. You just never know how 15 year olds will react under pressure...

2 stupid play calls IMO. Dixie went with a full backfield and gave the ball to a LB that didn't follow his blocks. Nothing against, Huber, but he's just not used to carrying the ball. Put him in there as a blocker, and give it to somebody that's used to getting the ball. Boone went wide, and it took too much time to develop allowing Dixie defenders to penetrate the line (they also did this on a 4th and one in Dixie territory with the same results). They were pushing Dixie's line back all night, and they should've just went straight ahead.

I considered that yet Boone has just as many SOPHS being counted on as Dixie.

Does the staff take the blame for the "flatness"?

I don't know, you'd have to ask them. It just seemed during the course of this season some weeks we played to our potential, and some weeks we didn't. These are 15,16 and 17 year old kids we're talking about. You go right ahead and figure them out, and while your at it, figure out women for me too. :lol: I would rather not harp on this too much, Boone deserves alot of credit for playing the way they did. It seems to me like any attempt to disect Dixie's problems that night by me or someone else, detracts from the great game they played. Good Luck Rebels. You deserved to win this one.

I don't know, you'd have to ask them. It just seemed during the course of this season some weeks we played to our potential, and some weeks we didn't. These are 15,16 and 17 year old kids we're talking about. You go right ahead and figure them out, and while your at it, figure out women for me too. :lol: I would rather not harp on this too much, Boone deserves alot of credit for playing the way they did. It seems to me like any attempt to disect Dixie's problems that night by me or someone else, detracts from the great game they played. Good Luck Rebels. You deserved to win this one.

Great points, good luck bc next week in louisville. Great season Dixie!

If a linebacker simply dives at a fullbacks legs then that is illegal, there is a right way and a wrong way to defeat a block and he broke the rules. The only people that can chop people are D-lineman to O-lineman, and vice versa. This isn't the first time Metzger has choped a fullback, he being 5'5'' (on a good day), loves to take out fullbacks illegally. He has been doing it all year long, but has not got called on it. It's about time the officials get it right. I had no problem with the officals last night I think they called a very fair game with few mistakes. They aren't officiating the playoffs for no reason. They are amoung the best.

Let's leave metzger alone, he doesn't play illegal. It is his job to take out the first back through, it's not his fault he is only 5.5. Is he supposed to get a step stull or something, he was the lowest guy at the point of contact and he got called for chop block. It's football, so get over it. You can say what you want about Nick, but he has alot of heart and gives his all out there. Let's just leave it at BC played a better game last night and won. Good luck Nick in all you do and thanks for the memoies senior class of colonels. Get ready underclassmen for next year. Sandman32, thanks for the hospitality brother.

If a linebacker simply dives at a fullbacks legs then that is illegal, there is a right way and a wrong way to defeat a block and he broke the rules. The only people that can chop people are D-lineman to O-lineman, and vice versa. This isn't the first time Metzger has choped a fullback, he being 5'5'' (on a good day), loves to take out fullbacks illegally. He has been doing it all year long, but has not got called on it. It's about time the officials get it right. I had no problem with the officals last night I think they called a very fair game with few mistakes. They aren't officiating the playoffs for no reason. They are amoung the best.

I suggest you learn the rules and the technique while your at it. It's a cut block that he does, not a chop block. He makes contact helmet to helmet, shoulder to shoulder, or anywhere he want's to above the waist, and then slides down and takes out the lead blockers legs. It is PERFECTLY LEGAL. To say he has been doing so all year illegally is a huge misrepresentation of his play and the rules. The coaches were upset because it was legal, not because of the spot of the foul.

I suggest you learn the rules and the technique while your at it. It's a cut block that he does, not a chop block. He makes contact helmet to helmet, shoulder to shoulder, or anywhere he want's to above the waist, and then slides down and takes out the lead blockers legs. It is PERFECTLY LEGAL. To say he has been doing so all year illegally is a huge misrepresentation of his play and the rules. The coaches were upset because it was legal, not because of the spot of the foul.

That may be how it is taught to them but in that particular case that's not what he did....he hit Kammer directly in the knee, which is illegal. Metzger is a good hardnosed player I'm sure he didn't intentionally do something that he knew was illegal and dangerous...he just did.

That may be how it is taught to them but in that particular case that's not what he did....he hit Kammer directly in the knee, which is illegal. Metzger is a good hardnosed player I'm sure he didn't intentionally do something that he knew was illegal and dangerous...he just did.

I'm not too much worried about the call on this one play, as I am about the unfair assessment of his play this season. I'm not arguing the call or any call because in the end, we just got out played. I think some of the calls were questionable, but tell me a game that they weren't. I had a bigger problem with the face mask during the play ( the tackle actually) which was a live ball foul, and the unsportsman like conduct (dead ball foul) which resulted in a loss of down and off setting penalties. This was not one of the better crews I've seen, despite the assumption that some posters gave that if they reffed a game in the playoffs then somehow they were infallable.

Way to go Rebels. You came out & showed me I have too little faith in you. The way Dixie has played since your last meeting lead me to believe this would be a much closer game.

IMO, the difference in this game was Joey Bricking. He seemed to be way off tonight & even when he did hit his target, his receivers dropped too many catchable ball. Although I've got to hand it to Boone's D, they played with few different players to due injuries & they all stepped up BIG.

As far as Metzgar goes, I have watched several games this year & have been very impressed with his ability & heart. That play on Kammer was a bad one but it is NOT indicative of the way he has played all year.

Way to go Rebels. You came out & showed me I have too little faith in you. The way Dixie has played since your last meeting lead me to believe this would be a much closer game.

IMO, the difference in this game was Joey Bricking. He seemed to be way off tonight & even when he did hit his target, his receivers dropped too many catchable ball. Although I've got to hand it to Boone's D, they played with few different players to due injuries & they all stepped up BIG.

As far as Metzgar goes, I have watched several games this year & have been very impressed with his ability & heart. That play on Kammer was a bad one but it is NOT indicative of the way he has played all year.

Classy post and Very well put, I just hate to see when people in previous posts make untrue statements about high school kids. Nick would never intentialy hurt someone on purpose and he definitly hasn't done it all year. I know his father and he was brought up to play hard and give 100%, that's what he does. As for the refs in this game, they didn't have a clue at times. But the refs didn't lose the game, BC out played Dixie that night and they won the game. Good luck in the Ville this Friday!