I need a new Crock-Pot

theguru

It was bound to happen, my Crock-Pot of over two decades cooked its last meal recently.

The interesting thing (having fun here) is I actually took a picture of it to send to one of my friends before the tragedy having no idea this would be the last time we would work together...

rip.jpg

With all that said I need a new Crock-Pot and I am looking for suggestions here. The Crock-Pot is probably my favorite way to prepare food because of the ease and the quantity it produces.

Suggestions?

The first person I cried to in person about this told me the same thing.

What is your experience with an Instant Pot?

It's awesome. You can cook almost anything in a fraction of the time. I've done soups, ribs, frozen chicken, potatoes, shrimp just to name a few. Ribs took maybe 25 minutes? Fell apart when I was taking them out.

It's awesome. You can cook almost anything in a fraction of the time. I've done soups, ribs, frozen chicken, potatoes, shrimp just to name a few. Ribs took maybe 25 minutes? Fell apart when I was taking them out.

I will probably buy both.

Which Instant Pot do you use/recommend?

I'll have to break mine out and try it again. I used it twice and was not a fan.

I felt the cooking all day in the crock pot allowed seasonings to blend more. Did chicken in the instapot and it came out very bland.

I'll have to break mine out and try it again. I used it twice and was not a fan.

I felt the cooking all day in the crock pot allowed seasonings to blend more. Did chicken in the instapot and it came out very bland.

Oh, ironically, I've also used it for wings. :lol2: Frozen too.

Depends on what you're making, but I could see something being a bit less flavorful in the Instant Pot. I would probably marinate the night before if I was worried about flavor, but I haven't had any issues.

Oh, ironically, I've also used it for wings. :lol2: Frozen too.

Depends on what you're making, but I could see something being a bit less flavorful in the Instant Pot. I would probably marinate the night before if I was worried about flavor, but I haven't had any issues.

First time I tried it I was cooking a whole chicken (just because that was the ad I saw and I wanted to see how much it actually sped up cooking)

Second time was big chicken quarters.

Actually makes sense wings and smaller cuts would come out better.

First time I tried it I was cooking a whole chicken (just because that was the ad I saw and I wanted to see how much it actually sped up cooking)

Second time was big chicken quarters.

Actually makes sense wings and smaller cuts would come out better.

Yeah I feel like I probably wouldn't do a whole chicken in there for that exact reason.

When I do wings, I usually throw them in there frozen with some chicken broth and a few drops of liquid smoke. After they are done in the instant point, I'll either rub them or sauce them and then broil them for a bit to get them crispy.