Is Kash Daniels a Dirty Player?

TheDeuce

Daniel has been in the news this week after a questionable play in last weekend's Florida game. Daniel was accused of twisting the ankle of Florida backup QB Kyle Trask at the bottom of a pile. Daniel denied it, giving this statement:

"I’ve kept my mouth shut about it," Daniel said. "I’ve been biting my tongue about it as long as I can, because that’s something that I actually hold close to me. I’m a victim of a dirty play (in high school). If you don’t believe me, I’ve got a plate and seven screws in my right ankle to prove that. I’ve got a scar running halfway down my leg. I’m not out there to hurt anybody. I pull my hand out there last second. I just pulled it out. I got it stuck underneath a lineman’s leg with all that weight on it. Then I pulled it free from that, kept hitting stuff, kept moving stuff and finally it came through. Maybe he felt something weird, but I’m not out there to twist nobody’s ankle or hurt nobody. End of story."

A video has surfaced show that Daniel did in fact twist Trask's ankle, and was very blatant about it.

Is he a dirty player? Will he be disciplined by Stoops or the SEC? Do you think he should be?

Here is a link to the Courier-Journal story where he denied it, which also contains a video from ESPN that doesn't clearly show the incident: Kentucky football: Kash Daniel denies twisting Kyle Trask's ankle

Here is a link to the new WYMT video, where it clearly shows Daniel twisting the ankle: Kash Daniel Allegations for Dirty Play

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two cents. An isolated play doesn’t make someone a dirty player. A pattern of behavior/plays, probably a different story.

That's why I asked. I don't watch UK but a couple times a year, so I didn't know if this was normal or a rare occasion.

Just my two cents. An isolated play doesn’t make someone a dirty player. A pattern of behavior/plays, probably a different story.

I tend to agree. This is the first incident that I can remember where I thought it was dirty.

He had an off the field incident, I think it was last year, that's more bothersome.

He grabbed a dude’s ankle with both hands and was getting ready to twist it off his leg until the ref walked up.

Also, just because every Kash Daniels play hasn’t been scrutinized doesn’t mean this is

A.) an isolated incident

2.) his first dirty incident

D.) a reason to overlook just how dirty this isolated incident is

If Trask had been injured and unable to play would it still be an isolated incident or would he be a dirty player?

He grabbed a dude’s ankle with both hands and was getting ready to twist it off his leg until the ref walked up.

Also, just because every Kash Daniels play hasn’t been scrutinized doesn’t mean this is

A.) an isolated incident

If Trask had been injured and unable to play would it still be an isolated incident or would he be a dirty player?

The act of what he did was bad. However, the explanation was even worse.

He’s dirty as hell. Period. And if you were on here or anywhere on social media whining about Grayson then I fully expect to see you up in here preaching that same sermon.

A.) an isolated incident

I love it when you are this passionate @PurplePride92

Also, either for you or for someone else PP92, wasn't there a couple of things that went on in high school with Daniels too?

I love it when you are this passionate @PurplePride92

Also, either for you or for someone else PP92, wasn't there a couple of things that went on in high school with Daniels too?

Nothing that I know of but my experiences in sports tells me that people don’t just start making dirty plays when they get to the college level of their sport.

Its such a bad look for Kash to come out and just adamantly deny all of this and tell his sob story about how he was a victim of a dirty play, then this video comes out immediately afterwards. What are you doing man? Just don’t say anything at all. At the end of the day most UK fans will still love and defend Kash despite the play. Basically the same thing Bengals fans did with Burfict. He’s the heart and soul of the defense, he’s a leader in the locker room and community, but he has a tendency to play over the edge. It’s a dirty play, but I don’t think UK fans should be criticized for defending him.