Pet Ball Python

Pile Driver

So, I just got into owning a pet snake. I chose a ball python for their demeanor. I really like the colors and pattern of this guy. So, my question to any knowledgeable BGP'er is: Is this a vanilla? In my research, I believe it is. Faded head, bright off color, completely white belly with no marks. I have a friend who thinks it is a normal. Any ideas?

snake.JPG

It should be a sensitive subject for all south Florida residents with the rate of people just releasing exotic animals as high as it is.

I agree, my dad lives further south than rat (on the northern tip of the Everglades) and the size of these beasts there is mind boggling. And, they are all moving north...

So, I just got into owning a pet snake. I chose a ball python for their demeanor. I really like the colors and pattern of this guy. So, my question to any knowledgeable BGP'er is: Is this a vanilla? In my research, I believe it is. Faded head, bright off color, completely white belly with no marks. I have a friend who thinks it is a normal. Any ideas?

[ATTACH]69025[/ATTACH]

What is his name?

I haven't had him/her sexed yet, so don't have a name yet. I go with him, for general purpose. They mature anywhere between 3-5 feet. Right now, he's about 4 months and 20 inches.

Snakes are actually a big market, so if I get tired, there will be no shortage of takers. But, I don't anticipate it. They really are great pets. Balls are very docile, don't need walked, don't smell, don't bark, only need fed every couple of weeks. Easier than fish!

I’m the local scared of snakes guy. I saw a pet snake, won’t say it was a python because I don’t know it for a fact but I’m pretty sure it was, bite it’s owner’s hand while he was feeding it. Reflexes took over and the snake was flung into another friend’s lap(which was kinda hilarious) and I vowed to never associate with anyone who owns, owned, or plans to own a snake ever since.

I realize his feeding method was incorrect, but I firmly believe in not biting the hand that feeds you, and snakes clearly do not have a care to give in that regard.

Best of luck to you, it is a beautiful animal, but please stay all the way away from me.