Open Job: Lexington Catholic

Lack of talent makes it ok???

I don't think gchs_uk9 is saying it is okay for parent pressure to determine a coach's fate. I think the comment was related to Lexington Catholic lack of talent and success overall during the tenure.

Lack of “winning”. Doesn’t make it ok for parents to dictate things of this nature but at the end of the day if you’re not winning you’re likely not keeping your job.

It wasn’t about not winning, it was about influential parents kids not getting to lay!!

It wasn’t about not winning, it was about influential parents kids not getting to lay!!

This is just an "outsiders" perspective.

Are you implying that the school was "ok" with the lack of success and more concerned with the rise of parent complaints?

Looking at his 7 years at Lexington Catholic here is what I see.

Overall Record of 96-103 (48%)

District Tournament Record 3-7 (30%) No Titles

Regional Tournament Record 0-2

It's hard to ignore parent complaints when you're posting that kind of a resume. This is simply my opinion is all. I don't know what kind of a guy he is or really his situation there. All I'm saying is I can see why they would want him to go and bring in someone else. Now, does someone else come in and do a better job? I think the issue is indeed the talent level there and the parents thinking their kid is better than what they are could also be an issue.

I do agree with All State Baseball he probably should have stayed at GRC. It seemed like he had something building there.

This is just an "outsiders" perspective.

Are you implying that the school was "ok" with the lack of success and more concerned with the rise of parent complaints?

Looking at his 7 years at Lexington Catholic here is what I see.

Overall Record of 96-103 (48%)

District Tournament Record 3-7 (30%) No Titles

Regional Tournament Record 0-2

It's hard to ignore parent complaints when you're posting that kind of a resume. This is simply my opinion is all. I don't know what kind of a guy he is or really his situation there. All I'm saying is I can see why they would want him to go and bring in someone else. Now, does someone else come in and do a better job? I think the issue is indeed the talent level there and the parents thinking their kid is better than what they are could also be an issue.

I do agree with All State Baseball he probably should have stayed at GRC. It seemed like he had something building there.

These numbers say a great deal. If you are at Lexington Catholic for 7 years and have an overall losing record, never won a district title, and never won a game in the regional tournament then the bottom line is you aren't getting the job done.

A school with the resources and facilities that Catholic has, should never have that kind of dry spell.

These numbers say a great deal. If you are at Lexington Catholic for 7 years and have an overall losing record, never won a district title, and never won a game in the regional tournament then the bottom line is you aren't getting the job done.

A school with the resources and facilities that Catholic has, should never have that kind of dry spell.

Correct on the facilities and resources, unfortunately those things don’t score points or stop the other team!! Scott is a good coach, not being hard on the kids but Lex Cath has just been in a down cycle on talent!!

Correct on the facilities and resources, unfortunately those things don’t score points or stop the other team!! Scott is a good coach, not being hard on the kids but Lex Cath has just been in a down cycle on talent!!

I would agree with this. Why did he leave GRC in the first place? His start at GRC was rough but towards the end he was competing in the Regional every year.

I would agree with this. Why did he leave GRC in the first place? His start at GRC was rough but towards the end he was competing in the Regional every year.

I would guess higher paying teaching job for one. I’d say the facilities and resources had something to do with it too. I’d also bet that if he could go back and do it over he wouldn’t leave.