Campbell County 8 Covington Catholic 4

Anyone have any details on this one? Seems shocking given the start the Camels have had.

The Camels are no slouch team, they are better than many think. No doubt they have had their struggles, but they have some talent. When they are hitting on all cylinders, they can play with most any team.

They have lost to some good teams, St.X, PRP, Beechwood, North Oldham, and beat a talented Highlands team. Several of their losses were self inflicted. They have the ability to make some noise as the year wears on.

Dude has been coaching 30+ years. Suddenly he changed something that "ran off" players?

My comment has nothing to do with the last 30 years as I can't speak to that.

What I can speak to is that there are 5 seniors and 1 junior not playing specifically because of Krumps.

All of these players would be impactful in the current roster. 4 of them are pitchers. 2 of them would be in the top 4 of the batting order. All of them could have played at some level in college.

Again, lack of seniors and pitching is hurting the tea. These are two reasons CCH can't compete this year. They easily won the freshmen tournament 3 years ago.

Dude has been coaching 30+ years. Suddenly he changed something that "ran off" players?

What I can speak to is that there are 5 seniors and 1 junior not playing specifically because of Krumps.

All of these players would be impactful in the current roster. 4 of them are pitchers. 2 of them would be in the top 4 of the batting order. All of them could have played at some level in college.

Again, lack of seniors and pitching is hurting the tea. These are two reasons CCH can't compete this year. They easily won the freshmen tournament 3 years ago.

Seems to me a matter the problem is with the players rather than coaching then. If players are good enough to be college players as you say, but wont play because they dont like the coach. That seems more like players who dont have it together than coaching. Seems like players who dont really care much about baseball to begin with, if they rather not play at all than play for a coach they dont like. It seems to me they are hurting themselves more than the coach then if they were good enough to play college but chose not to play because of the coach. In the history of sports plenty of great players have played for coaches they maybe didnt like or agreed with, but yet they still played. I guess it's just a sign of the times where if things get tough or dont like something. Might as well quit rather than play through it, and just blame someone else for you not being able to stick it out.

Sorry I just find it as a very poor excuse for players to not play just because of coaches.

Thanks for the info. That's the players' loss. One time in their life they get this opportunity.

Checked CCH rosters for 2018 vs. 2019. I see 3 Jr's on last year's roster not on this year's roster, one of whom was listed as a pitcher. All the sophomores on last year's roster are on this year's roster. Checking rosters, I don't see an exodus of key players. The one pitcher not playing is McGinness. Perhaps he is not playing because he plans to play football in college? The rosters don't support your story unless some of the players on the roster quit. So I checked a little further and it looks like that may be what happened. Sean Casteel, who is committed to playing college baseball, does not appear to be playing. He is the only one that I saw who may have quit after 2019 rosters were posted.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Checked CCH rosters for 2018 vs. 2019. I see 3 Jr's on last year's roster not on this year's roster, one of whom was listed as a pitcher. All the sophomores on last year's roster are on this year's roster. Checking rosters, I don't see an exodus of key players. The one pitcher not playing is McGinness. Perhaps he is not playing because he plans to play football in college? The rosters don't support your story unless some of the players on the roster quit. So I checked a little further and it looks like that may be what happened. Sean Casteel, who is committed to playing college baseball, does not appear to be playing. He is the only one that I saw who may have quit after 2019 rosters were posted.

This has turned into commentary that likely belongs in another post because it has nothing to do with Campbell County.

I will leave it at this: I speak the Truth - good ball players are not playing specifically because of Krumps.

And McGinness is not playing college football.