Campbell County 8 Covington Catholic 4

Checked CCH rosters for 2018 vs. 2019. I see 3 Jr's on last year's roster not on this year's roster, one of whom was listed as a pitcher. All the sophomores on last year's roster are on this year's roster. Checking rosters, I don't see an exodus of key players. The one pitcher not playing is McGinness. Perhaps he is not playing because he plans to play football in college? The rosters don't support your story unless some of the players on the roster quit. So I checked a little further and it looks like that may be what happened. Sean Casteel, who is committed to playing college baseball, does not appear to be playing. He is the only one that I saw who may have quit after 2019 rosters were posted.

McGinness could pitch if needed, but would have been only thrown innings here and there in relief.

Casteel is playing. Casteel was the planned ace of the staff, but is dealing with some injuries. The plan is he will be back soon.

The team ERA is under 3.00 playing one of the harder schedules in the 9th per MaxPreps. Not sure what else could be asked of the staff.

The issue has been adjusting to varsity pitching for the CovCath hitters. Only 1 player (Coldiron) had varsity at bats coming into the season. This is where losing McGinness has impacted the team, on offense. However, the team is getting better as they gain experience and should be in the mix come regional tourney time.