Walton-Verona 60 Oldham County 51 (8th Region Finals)

Oldham County (20-14) - Mesker 3 2 9, Campbell 1 0 2, Teague 4 2 10, Oak 1 2 4, Benson 0 1 1, Slone 4 2 13, McLarty 1 0 2, Harper 5 0 10. Totals: 19 9 51.

Walton-Verona (27-6) - Brook 2 1 5, Jones 2 11 16, Bonne 2 1 5, Pardee 6 0 12, Grubbs 2 1 7, Miles 5 5 15. Totals: 19 19 60.

Halftime: WV 26-14. 3-pointers: WV 3 (Grubbs 2, Jones). OC 4 (Slone 3, Mesker).

Why doesn't the 8th region have a tournament MVP?

They didn’t need to say his name this year, Dieonte Miles put on a dominating performance! Congrats to all the Walton Verona team, a total team effort: Trey Bonne, Garrett Jones, Grant Grubbs, Kam Pardee, Dieonte Miles, Ethan Brook, Tyler Schrader and the rest of the roster! Good luck at Rupp!

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Great accomplishment. Go Bearcats. I assume this was the best WV team since the 1980 squad that should have beaten SK in the district opener. Incredible game and SK going on to win state was something else. Great 39 year old memories!

In don't know about should have beat SK, but they certainly could have. They were a pretty good team, I believe they were better than the current team.

In don't know about should have beat SK, but they certainly could have. They were a pretty good team, I believe they were better than the current team.

Wasn’t the 1980 team fairly small aside from Burns? Those types of teams don’t match up well against this year’s team with The Eraser in the middle.

Wasn’t the 1980 team fairly small aside from Burns? Those types of teams don’t match up well against this year’s team with The Eraser in the middle.

Yeah this team does have more size, actually we'll never know which is the best.