2B: Kinsler

SS: Machado

RF: Harper

1B: Hosmer

LF: Will Myers

CF: Manuel Margot

C: Mejia

3B : Ty France

Since adding Machado, I think the Padres are now predicted to win 80 games. Harper’s 2018 WAR was 1.3.

I still couldn’t see that lineup with Harper finishing higher than 3rd in the NL West.

Let's say they sign Harper also, do you think the Padres have any chance of making the playoffs?

15% chance to make the playoffs. Dodgers still own the west and in all likelihood at least 1, likely both wild cards come from the Central. I still think the Rockies would finish higher than the Padres.

Let's say they sign Harper also, do you think the Padres have any chance of making the playoffs?

So basically if they also add Harper, their lineup would like

Since adding Machado, I think the Padres are now predicted to win 80 games. Harper’s 2018 WAR was 1.3.

I still couldn’t see that lineup with Harper finishing higher than 3rd in the NL West.

They also have the best farm system in baseball. Those 2 are still young and should be productive as their prospects come up. And if Harper rebounds he's much more than a 1 WAR player. I still think he ends up with the Phillies.

So basically if they also add Harper, their lineup would like

Who’s gonna pitch?

MLB teams just never learn. These 10 year deals almost never turn out to be good for the team. And while Machado is a very good player, his numbers do not support anything near $300MM to me. He has NEVER hit 40 HR's in a season. He has hit .300 once in his career. He has driven in 100 runs once in his career...107 last year. He strikes out over 100 times every year. He has never walked more than 70 times in a year. I know he is very good defensively. But he is also admittedly very lazy and just a punk IMO. I cannot believe a MLB team would commit that much money to a guy who admitted that he does not hustle...do you think he will hustle MORE after having $300MM guaranteed? I thought the worst contract I had ever seen was the Red Sox signing Kung Fu Panda for over $100MM a few years back. I told a fellow Red Sox fan right after the contract was announced that Panda would only get fatter with that much money guaranteed...and he did. I think this contract may be worse...he could be more of a punk and be even more lazy with all that money guaranteed. Just a crazy reach IMO by the Padres...

If Machado is worth $300MM then Trout is worth a billion IMO.