Surprises???

Down in the western part of the state I must say i'm surprised how well Murray is playing after losing 3 players to a D1 school who have played all of their minutes for years. That being said I believe Foust is a really good coach, and the Turley girl who went to Murray State has a younger sister who is obviously a good sophomore. They look like the team to beat in Region 1.

I've been surprised by the fall of Cooper. Obviously them losing their top 2 scorers (Held/Mitchell) we could assume a long year for the Jaguars, but they might not win a game...

Im not that surprised by them at all because of the way the JV team looked last year. They did add Lind this season but she is not enough to win games. They will get a few wins but I dont see them winning more than 7.

I've been surprised by the fall of Cooper. Obviously them losing their top 2 scorers (Held/Mitchell) we could assume a long year for the Jaguars, but they might not win a game...

Cooper is going to have a couple of down years right now, but the future looks bright with the amount of young talent coming through the pipeline. I believe they have 3 8th graders on the varsity roster right now, and there is a ton of talent at the 7th grade level.

Who is the leader on their team this year?

Mallory Holbrook is leading the team in scoring, 17 ppg right now. She is a great shooter. Jayln Jackson is a great ball handler and drives and slashes great. Both are juniors. Kylie Koeninger and Tamara Wells contribute a ton also to scoring and defense. Our best rebounders. Tamara is a senior but Kylie on a freshman. The team is young but the future looks bright! By the end of the season Coach Menefee will have them playing great and ready to make a strong post season run!

Notre Dame at 7-1 starting four freshman is a little surprising. Matches there total number of wins from last year.

7-1 start for this team isn’t surprising when you look at their schedule. Looking at it as a whole this team may only lose 7-8 games. Very favorable schedule imo but it’s what should be expected when you have a team this young.

Notre Dame at 7-1 starting four freshman is a little surprising. Matches there total number of wins from last year.

I will say the team looks better than I thought they would. Last year after 8 games the Panda's were 4 & 4 with losses to Sk 8th region champ Dupont Manual 7th region champ Male and Scott the 10th region runner up. Schedules are a little different to be comparing this year to last year.

I don’t think NDA is too surprising at least at this point, like others have said, given their schedule.

I thought Dixie would be stronger than they’ve been. I thought they would compete with the top 9th region teams but they may be another year away from that. They had a semi close game with Cooper and got thwacked by SK.

I thought Holmes would be much more competitive than they’ve been. Graham is good and they have the big from Holy Cross there now. As mentioned in other threads they seem to be playing below their talent level.

Walton seems much better than I expected. They have a few good wins over decent teams and lost a close one to SK.