Bac2369

Who wins?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the Championship Game I have predicted since early on in the year. Pikeville is very good and Beechwood will be looking for a little revenge for the 2015 Senior class that lost to Pikeville in the State title game that year. Should be a very interesting game. I am looking forward to watching this one.

It's only fitting these two teams one last time for old times sake. This rivalry was one of the best in the state in the late 80's through the early 2000's. We knew if we wanted to win it all we would have to go through Pikeville. I hope they schedule a home and home series in the near future.

This is the game everyone has been expecting since Pikeville demolished Lexington Christian in the second game of the year. It should be a very good game. These two programs know how to win titles. Look for Beechwood to try and "Daric Pugh" Pikeville just like Pikeville and Pugh did to them in 2015. Logan Castleman is on a mission.

Beechwood will have to pound the ball. Pikeville is very stingy it appears against the pass. I think they only allowed like 600 yards passing through 14 games.

That is partially about who Pikeville played also. For example, Pikeville lost to Belfry and Belfry had zero passing yards in the game. In Pikeville's other loss, their opponent only had 167 passing yards. However, they did shut down the passing attack of Williamsburg and of Hazard who were both in the top 5 in passing yards in 1A. Pikeville also only allowed 138 yards to Lexington Christian in a blowout win and LCA was #4 in 2A in passing yards. Those stats say Pikeville is very good against the pass.

But, as you well know, the strength of Beechwood's offense this year is running the ball. Castleman has gone beast mode in the playoffs. Last night versus Campbellsville he had 32 carries, 264 yards and 5 TD's. The week before against Frankfort, Castleman had 23 carries, 258 yards and 5 TD's. Beechwood has gone old school and is running straight at people behind their senior line. I think pounding the ball is the game plan for Beechwood.

Beechwood by 3 TD’s.. Castleman is a stud, but he also runs behind Class A’s best offensive line.. And Beechwood’s D-Line is better than most teams, let alone Class A... I’m gonna say:

Beechwood 42

Pikeville 21

If that score happens, it will probably be due to late add on points, like the Pikeville Beechwood game in 2015.

This is the Championship Game I have predicted since early on in the year.

I said that as well at the start of the season. Raceland beat Pikeville in 2017 to advance to the finals. That P'Ville team that Raceland beat was basically the same team (w/ another year's experience, bigger, stronger) that beat us last Friday. The Panther team in 17' was dominated by underclassmen.