13. Christian Academy-Louisville

14. Anderson County

15. Highlands

16. Conner

17. Butler

18. Casey County

19. Franklin County

20. Webster County

Sacred Heart will be stronger once Toller gets back off ACL.

Scott County is strong with the first 5. After that they are not real deep.

Owensboro Catholic is the dark horse. They wore Mercy out Saturday at Bullit East scrimmage. Was not even close.

GRC is tough. Igo is one of the toughest players in the state and is the consummate PG.

Ryle has arguably two of the best players in the state in Scherr and Schwartz. And a supporting cast that is very good.

This season is wide open. We will as always have a much better gauge come January the 1st.

Good luck to all the teams as the season gets started. Tons of talent in Kentucky right now. Should be a fun season.

Sacred Heart will be stronger once Toller gets back off ACL.

Scott County is strong with the first 5. After that they are not real deep.

Owensboro Catholic is the dark horse. They wore Mercy out Saturday at Bullit East scrimmage. Was not even close.

GRC is tough. Igo is one of the toughest players in the state and is the consummate PG.

Ryle has arguably two of the best players in the state in Scherr and Schwartz. And a supporting cast that is very good.

This season is wide open. We will as always have a much better gauge come January the 1st.

Good luck to all the teams as the season gets started. Tons of talent in Kentucky right now. Should be a fun season.

Thanks JJ. Always respect your input.

i was surprised at Ryle being #1.

Yes, a lot of pressure on Ryle here. But, if you have one of the best players in the state, it'll be fun to watch how far she can carry them. I know that she isn't the only player by any stretch, but it is her team. Opponents will be looking to knock them off, and playing with a little something extra with Scherr on the roster, and the number 1 ranking.

You have 3 teams ranked that has has the top 3 candidates for Miss Basketball. #2 GRC Haley Harrison, #8 Lincoln Co and #12 Boyd Co.

GRC's first game of the season is against #9 Scarard Heart. That should be a awesome game.

Great Job as always.

Lauren Schwartz is without question one of the best - if not the best - senior in KY. I have watched all the girls that are potential Miss Basketball candidates, Lauren and Emma King (the frontrunner) played together all summer. Watched Hayley and Savannah as well. Not sure how to help get Lauren’s name in the conversation, but it should be. This is by no stretch to take away from Emma King and her consideration! Emma is a great girl, very talented basketball player.

Ryle has high hopes this year and if Lauren can lead her team deep into the state tournament I hope she will become a strong potential candidate as well.

Great input here as I begin my first full season following KY girls basketball. I watched a bunch of these girls last year in the state tourney, and was very impressed with the talent across KY. As I've researched a little more it seems there is a ton of talent around the state, just wish there were more girls in far western KY. Charlee Settle is a JR this year at Calloway and she is really good, but not a ton around her. Let me know of any other girls in region 1 and 2 that I should watch!