3A #1 Boyle County vs 3A Lawrence County

charlesw88

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Lawrence County

Boyle County (11-0) had a running clock with 8 minutes(and some change) to go in the 2nd quarter against Floyd Central. After that, Boyle County put it in cruiser control winning 49-0.

Lawrence County (7-4) won, in probably the most exciting game of round 1, against Western Hills. The final score would indicate it was a basketball game (78-74). Both teams combined for 1 punt.

Who wins? Why?

Any team that can hang 78 points on Western Hills has to be taken seriously. I don't know much about Lawrence County other than they depend on the run and must be pretty good at it. I heard they did not attempt one pass Friday night against the Wolverines. A run game like that might see some success early against the Rebels like the Mercer and Garrard Co. games but wont produce enough points to win against Boyles high powered offense.

Boyle comfortably, why? Lawrence County has a grand total of 143 yds passing for the entire season that type of offense won’t work against Boyle County’s stout run defense.

I just don't see Lawrence successfully running against Boyle County consistently throughout the game to even make it a close game. So I agree with you 110%.

Boyle County by a running clock.

Lawrence County playing Boyle County close, let alone upsetting them would be beyond monumental. Let’s just get that perfectly clear.

However, Lawrence County is a different animal when it comes to their scheme and ground game. They are straight up, 100% flexbone just like you see from the service academies, Georgia Tech, etc.

They are different unlike anything Boyle has had to defend, and not just Boyle, but most don’t ever have to defend it.

As somebody else said, anytime you hang 70+ points on a team and a good team at that then you are doing something.

Do I think Lawrence wins? No.

Do I think they make this way more than just a little uncomfortable for Boyle? I think so, at least if nothing more than a half. Then again it might be a blow out from the gates, but this one is interesting to watch.

Any team that can hang 78 points on Western Hills has to be taken seriously. I don't know much about Lawrence County other than they depend on the run and must be pretty good at it. I heard they did not attempt one pass Friday night against the Wolverines. A run game like that might see some success early against the Rebels like the Mercer and Garrard Co. games but wont produce enough points to win against Boyles high powered offense.

Western Hills gave up more points this season than any 3A team with a winning record. In fact, there were only 10 3A schools that allowed more points than Western Hills.

I'll take Boyle County by 4 TD's or more.

Not sure if I’m scared of the 78 points Lawrence County scored or excited that their defense gave up 74 points?

I am happy to see that Lawrence County had 0 yards passing last week. O this week and the game will not be close.

Boyle needs to get through this game with no injuries for their battle in Belfry the following week.

I truly think Lawrence County is the better matchup for Boyle to prepare them for the Pirates. I look forward to seeing where our run defense is and where work needs to be done to better ourselves for future games.

Who ya With!

Stats

Lawrence

34.5 pts a game

343.9 rushing yards a game

50 rushing TDS

13 passing yards a game (only 7 completions all year to 41 att.)

2 INT's

1 TD

24.4 pts allowed a game

174.1 rushing yards allowed a game

90.8 passing yards allowed a game

5 INT's

Stats

Lawrence

34.5 pts a game

343.9 rushing yards a game

50 rushing TDS

13 passing yards a game (only 7 completions all year to 41 att.)

2 INT's

1 TD

24.4 pts allowed a game

174.1 rushing yards allowed a game

90.8 passing yards allowed a game

5 INT's

Wow. 41 passing yards on the year makes the old Harrodsburg Single Wing look virtually "air Coryell". :lol2:

Stats

Boyle

Scoring 42 pts a game

195.4 rushing a game

28 rushing TDS

192.5 Passing yards a game

6 INT's

31 TDS

12.4 pts allowed a game

100 Rushing yards allowed a game

101.3 passing yards allowed a game

9 INT's