Capitals 4 Knights 3 (Game 5 - Stanley Cup Finals)

Dude is a phenomenal player, but he's a dirty player IMO and all the embellishments over his career is just unnecessary. Never been a fan.
I’m not a huge hockey guy so take this with a grain of salt, but there is a line between playing hard and playing dirty and I’ve always viewed Ovechkin as a hard player. I was more excited for him than anyone else last night because it sealed his legacy as one of the greats in the sport’s history.

Dude is a phenomenal player, but he's a dirty player IMO and all the embellishments over his career is just unnecessary. Never been a fan.

I concur. Ovechkin is a prima donna and is always animated after scoring. He's the ultimate cherry picker, who hangs bank and waits for the puck to be served on a silver platter to shoot. I am happy for Holtby and Oshie though. That's about it.

I’m not a huge hockey guy so take this with a grain of salt, but there is a line between playing hard and playing dirty and I’ve always viewed Ovechkin as a hard player. I was more excited for him than anyone else last night because it sealed his legacy as one of the greats in the sport’s history.

I get that, but he does more than cross the line. When a guy his size leaves the ice, literally launching himself at another player, he's risking someone's career, and he obviously doesn't care. Plus, I hate the embellishments. He's too good to do that stuff. Add to that what @Mediocre Nachos said, and I agree completely with him, it makes it easy for me to dislike the guy and even easier to not be happy for him finally getting a Stanley Cup championship. It doesn't ruin my day, but it would be like me being happy for Abdelkader winning any game.