Chris Mack is Louisville's New Coach

UKMustangFan

Officially official...

Gary Parrish

‏Verified account @GaryParrishCBS

6m6 minutes ago

Chris Mack has reached an agreement to become Louisville’s next head coach, a source told @CBSSports.

Jeff Borzello

‏Verified account @jeffborzello

7m7 minutes ago

Chris Mack is a done deal to Louisville, sources told ESPN. Seven-year deal, per @GoodmanESPN.

Jeff Goodman

‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN

9m9 minutes ago

Louisville has agreed to a 7-year deal with Xavier’s Chris Mack worth about $4 million per season, sources told ESPN.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 mill is a bargain.

I thought the money would be a bit higher too, but lots of other factors too. It's one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. Facilities are absurd. Massive fan base. Plays in the best conference in the country. And you can't discount the family aspect.

I thought the money would be a bit higher too, but lots of other factors too. It's one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. Facilities are absurd. Massive fan base. Plays in the best conference in the country. And you can't discount the family aspect.

We also don’t know the details they negotiated. Could have exchanged the higher pay for a low buyout in case the NCAA pulls something crazy and hammers Louisville over the Adidas business. Could have exchanged the yearly salary to get more of the years fully guaranteed.

We’ll find out.

I am glad they got him. I was pretty confident they would based on what I was hearing from people I trust, but it's good to have some good news about Louisville Basketball for a change. Looking forward to the future with Coach Mack.

I am glad they got him. I was pretty confident they would based on what I was hearing from people I trust, but it's good to have some good news about Louisville Basketball for a change. Looking forward to the future with Coach Mack.

Agreed completely. I like and respect the heck out of David Padgett, but this year was always going to be super strange. Following a team coached by anyone other than Rick Pitino was always going to be a 180, but I'm really excited for the change. Coach Mack seems 100% more down to earth, and I have enjoyed following him on Twitter for the past few years. Frankly, I'm just pumped to have something to look forward to on the basketball front.