Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack is Louisville's New Coach

Featured Replies

Officially official...

 

Gary Parrish

‏Verified account @GaryParrishCBS

6m6 minutes ago

 

Chris Mack has reached an agreement to become Louisville’s next head coach, a source told @CBSSports.

 

 

Jeff Borzello

‏Verified account @jeffborzello

7m7 minutes ago

 

Chris Mack is a done deal to Louisville, sources told ESPN. Seven-year deal, per @GoodmanESPN.

 

 

Jeff Goodman

‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN

9m9 minutes ago

 

Louisville has agreed to a 7-year deal with Xavier’s Chris Mack worth about $4 million per season, sources told ESPN.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
4 mill is a bargain.

 

I thought the money would be a bit higher too, but lots of other factors too. It's one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. Facilities are absurd. Massive fan base. Plays in the best conference in the country. And you can't discount the family aspect.

I also thought the money would be higher maybe he negotiated for some bigger $$$ for his assistants?

Edited by HammerTime

I thought the money would be a bit higher too, but lots of other factors too. It's one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. Facilities are absurd. Massive fan base. Plays in the best conference in the country. And you can't discount the family aspect.

 

We also don’t know the details they negotiated. Could have exchanged the higher pay for a low buyout in case the NCAA pulls something crazy and hammers Louisville over the Adidas business. Could have exchanged the yearly salary to get more of the years fully guaranteed.

 

We’ll find out.

And the cherry on top is that he’s bringing Bill Murray’s son!

 

Is there confirmation that he's taking his coaching staff?

Unlike some of the other former Xavier coaches, I wish Coach Mack the best. It was a fantastic ride to have him as our Coach.

This should work out to be a great hire for the Cards. Good luck to Coach Mack in bringing Louisville back among the elite in college basketball.:thumb:

I assume a Home & Home with XU will be on the schedule as soon as availability allows. XU would be silly not to take a chance to boost non-conference schedule. Would be a classy move by Mack.

I am glad they got him. I was pretty confident they would based on what I was hearing from people I trust, but it's good to have some good news about Louisville Basketball for a change. Looking forward to the future with Coach Mack.

I am glad they got him. I was pretty confident they would based on what I was hearing from people I trust, but it's good to have some good news about Louisville Basketball for a change. Looking forward to the future with Coach Mack.

 

Agreed completely. I like and respect the heck out of David Padgett, but this year was always going to be super strange. Following a team coached by anyone other than Rick Pitino was always going to be a 180, but I'm really excited for the change. Coach Mack seems 100% more down to earth, and I have enjoyed following him on Twitter for the past few years. Frankly, I'm just pumped to have something to look forward to on the basketball front.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.