KHSBCA 2018 Pre-Season All-State Team

Excellent question. I believe most are, but cannot accurately answer you. I would imagine it's like basketball where a very high percentage are.

The reason I asked was that the nky schools listed had multiple kids nominated... some, IMO, I wouldn't consider all state caliber... while kids like Castleman, Coldiron and Gunner Smith, also from nky, were left off. I'm thinking that members can nominate players (usually their own players) and schools of the kids I mentioned, maybe are not members? Just a thought.

It is a pre-season watch list. Indeed, member "COACHES" nominate their own players to the list as potentially all-state caliber. If a coach has not paid their dues, they cannot nominate their players. It is not a KHSAA organization, it is a Coaches Association. Also, if a member coach does not nominate his player, then they are left off the list. The end of the season All-State team usually looks quite a bit different and in my many years virtually every DI signee is automatically included on the All-State team.

What are you implying about multiple players from nky one is mine and he belongs there I sorry we don’t live in Louisville or Lexington

What are you implying about multiple players from nky one is mine and he belongs there I sorry we don’t live in Louisville or Lexington

I think what he's saying is there are some players on this list that are not All State caliber, to which I agree...but more importantly there are numerous All State caliber players that aren't on this list and should be as they are obviously better than some on the list. It has nothing to do with Lex/Louisville...if you know baseball talent Gage Hughes, McGowan are elite D1 level players who are heads and shoulders above some on this list. I doubt he was taking a shot at your son.

But I would say, at least this season, there are 1 maybe 2 NKY schools with multiple (truly) All State level players and we all know who they are...but again, this is a "watch list" not a finalized "All State" award list.

Adavion Gulley from Holmes High School

6’3” Lefty

Won’t get any props because of the school he plays for but find me another guy who was top 12 in HR and top 25 in state in extra base hits and plays 20+ games on a field 320’ down the lines and 375 dead center.