Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA 2018 Pre-Season All-State Team

Featured Replies

The Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association has released it's 2018 Preseason All-State Team. Congratulations to all players who made the team (Follow Link) All State Teams - KHSBCA.ORG

 

From their website you can also see how the association voted for pre-season team rankings. Thoughts?

  • Author
Odd question, but is every school a member of this association?

 

Excellent question. I believe most are, but cannot accurately answer you. I would imagine it's like basketball where a very high percentage are.

Excellent question. I believe most are, but cannot accurately answer you. I would imagine it's like basketball where a very high percentage are.

 

The reason I asked was that the nky schools listed had multiple kids nominated... some, IMO, I wouldn't consider all state caliber... while kids like Castleman, Coldiron and Gunner Smith, also from nky, were left off. I'm thinking that members can nominate players (usually their own players) and schools of the kids I mentioned, maybe are not members? Just a thought.

Odd question, but is every school a member of this association?

 

No. If the school isn’t a paying member then their players won’t be recognized.

 

Gage Hughes of Greenup County isn’t on this list.

157 players are Preseason All State? Good lord, that's brutal.

It is a pre-season watch list. Indeed, member "COACHES" nominate their own players to the list as potentially all-state caliber. If a coach has not paid their dues, they cannot nominate their players. It is not a KHSAA organization, it is a Coaches Association. Also, if a member coach does not nominate his player, then they are left off the list. The end of the season All-State team usually looks quite a bit different and in my many years virtually every DI signee is automatically included on the All-State team.

I'm guessing UHA is not a member because Mississippi State commit Drew McGowan is missing from that list.

What are you implying about multiple players from nky one is mine and he belongs there I sorry we don’t live in Louisville or Lexington

What are you implying about multiple players from nky one is mine and he belongs there I sorry we don’t live in Louisville or Lexington

I think what he's saying is there are some players on this list that are not All State caliber, to which I agree...but more importantly there are numerous All State caliber players that aren't on this list and should be as they are obviously better than some on the list. It has nothing to do with Lex/Louisville...if you know baseball talent Gage Hughes, McGowan are elite D1 level players who are heads and shoulders above some on this list. I doubt he was taking a shot at your son.

But I would say, at least this season, there are 1 maybe 2 NKY schools with multiple (truly) All State level players and we all know who they are...but again, this is a "watch list" not a finalized "All State" award list.

Adavion Gulley from Holmes High School

6’3” Lefty

Won’t get any props because of the school he plays for but find me another guy who was top 12 in HR and top 25 in state in extra base hits and plays 20+ games on a field 320’ down the lines and 375 dead center.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.