I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

theguru

so hopefully we can cut to the chase and the NRA can go ahead and take legal action against Dick's for age discrimination (and anyone like them) and let the Supreme Court decide if America is a land of laws or America is a land of Corporations.

Yesteryear it was cake, today it is a gun, what will it be tomorrow, next week, next year?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so hopefully we can cut to the chase and the NRA can go ahead and take legal action against Dick's (and anyone like them) and let the Supreme Court decide if America is a land of laws or America is a land of Corporations.

Yesteryear it was cake, today it is a gun, what will it be tomorrow, next week, next year?

How is this any different than what you do on here?

so hopefully we can cut to the chase and the NRA can go ahead and take legal action against Dick's (and anyone like them) and let the Supreme Court decide if America is a land of laws or America is a land of Corporations.

Legal action for what? Because they don’t want put to sell a particular product? What about all the other guns that are out there that, for whatever reason, Dicks has decided not to sell? Do we force them to stock and sell everything? Or because they won’t sell to a particular age group? Maybe we should then go after car rental companies who won’t rent to anyone under 25, or if they do, they charge higher rates? In a free market, companies need to have the freedom to do what they think is best for their business, within the framework of the law.

Legal action for what? Because they don’t want put to sell a particular product? What about all the other guns that are out there that, for whatever reason, Dicks has decided not to sell? Do we force them to stock and sell everything? Or because they won’t sell to a particular age group? Maybe we should then go after car rental companies who won’t rent to anyone under 25, or if they do, they charge higher rates? In a free market, companies need to have the freedom to do what they think is best for their business, within the framework of the law.

Discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

As a business why shouldn't Dick's be able to be free to have in their inventory only those products which they want to sell?

If I ran a baked chicken restaurant, should I be forced to also sell deep fried chicken? If people want deep fried chicken they can go to another restaurant that sells it.

If people want to be irresponsible and unhealthy with their lives it's not my responsibility as a business owner to provide for them that which can cause them or others harm.

As a business why shouldn't Dick's be able to be free to have in their inventory only those products which they want to sell?

If I ran a baked chicken restaurant, should I be forced to also sell deep fried chicken? If people want deep fried chicken they can go to another restaurant that sells it.

If people want to be irresponsible and unhealthy with their lives it's not my responsibility as a business owner to provide for them that which can cause them or others harm.

Apples and Oranges.

This is about Dick's deciding what age is appropriate for a certain product above and beyond what the law says, that is age based discrimination.

Apples and Oranges.

This is about Dick's deciding what age is appropriate for a certain product above and beyond what the law says, that is age based discrimination.

I agree with you, that is my issue as well. If they dont want to sell a particular type of inventory, thats fine, who they sell it too, is an issue, specifically when its pretty clear we have to sell/make cakes for everyone.