Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 165
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sayin... I may be headed to the airport to file me a lawsuit tonight!

 

Call Getslow...he can represent you!

I'm sayin... I may be headed to the airport to file me a lawsuit tonight!

 

Sending my sons.

I don’t have to pay college tuition if they try to buy a gun at Dick’s , rent a car at Enterprise , sudafed at Walmart; Anything else,BGP? I have a good lawyer.

Have you been on social media at all today?

Sorry, thought you meant on here.

Sorry, thought you meant on here.

 

Nah. MOST of the time, conversation here is pretty educated and tolerable. There are always exceptions, though.

Discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

 

Happens all the time, though the Second Amendment makes the case more compelling. I don't run across many non-employment age discrimination cases, but usually private groups or organizations wanting to set age limits are left pretty well alone in the ones I've seen.

I work in hotels. We require that you be 21 to rent a room.

I work in hotels. We require that you be 21 to rent a room.

 

Discrimination!

I work in hotels. We require that you be 21 to rent a room.

 

WHAT!!!

 

It’s safe to say there are several industries that have restrictions.

I am going to have to change my stance. I didn't realize that 18-21 year olds were a protected class. If so, Dick's is wrong.

Age discrimination...not that difficult a concept.

 

The issue shifted to age once the idea that you could just go somewhere else to buy a gun was brought up.... NOW they are upset about the age.

 

No, that's may be how you see it. They have every right to sell what ever they want, I don't care. When a corporation decides to circumvent the law based on age, race, sex or any other protected designation...they are wrong.

 

Most if not all school shooters of any consequence have been white, what if Dick's suddenly decided to quit selling to white guys? Age, Race, Sex discrimination is illegal...but even if it wasn't in this case, it is wrong.

The issue shifted to age once the idea that you could just go somewhere else to buy a gun was brought up.... NOW they are upset about the age.

 

To be clear, I was upset about the age from my first post, be careful who you include in your "they's"

To be clear, I was upset about the age from my first post, be careful who you include in your "they's"

 

Already addressed this...

Age discrimination...not that difficult a concept.

 

I work in hotels. We require that you be 21 to rent a room.

 

But there isn't a federal law stating that you can rent a room at 18, that's the difference. If the law said that I could rent a room at 18 and you refused, you'd be in the wrong.

But there isn't a federal law stating that you can rent a room at 18, that's the difference. If the law said that I could rent a room at 18 and you refused, you'd be in the wrong.

 

There isn't a federal law saying you can buy a gun at 18 either. There is a Constitutional amendment that one can own a gun. It does not state that one attains that right at 18. It also doesn't say one has to sell a gun to all without restrictions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.