Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

Featured Replies

Classifying a gun an assault rifle because of the way it looks is just stupid. Glock makes a full auto pistol? Does that make all glocks assault weapons since they all basically look the same? Is the Mossberg 715T an assault rifle?

 

Didn’t it say rifle ?

  • Replies 165
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know, that's just the way that it was presented in the headlines today. :idunno:

 

Nothing wrong with not knowing. What's scary is a lot of people who want a ban on "assault rifles" don't know what they are. Many think AR in AR15 stands for assault rifle.

 

An semi automatic rifle is NOT an assault rifle.

Sorry I don’t look to Josh Sugarmann for definitions. When he and Webster get tougher and modify things I’ll be down.

 

The last part of the Webster definition IS the original Sugarmann terminology. One must accept as a fact the terminology was created with the intent to create unreasonable fear in the broad public. When the word 'resembles' is required to define something - that something is not real.

Didn’t it say rifle ?

That's why I threw in the mossberg.

Nothing wrong with not knowing. What's scary is a lot of people who want a ban on "assault rifles" don't know what they are. Many think AR in AR15 stands for assault rifle.

 

An semi automatic rifle is NOT an assault rifle.

 

Considering how many of these have been used in assaults recently... if the shoe fits.

Considering how many of these have been used in assaults recently... if the shoe fits.

 

So hand guns should be called assault pistols?

So hand guns should be called assault pistols?

 

Look it up on Webster’s and see. :lol2:

 

In all seriousness maybe... what have they done?

Look it up on Webster’s and see. :lol2:

 

In all seriousness maybe... what have they done?

 

Kill more people every year than rifles.

An article on the issue of terminology.

 

Sugermann is noted.

 

Article says using the term 'assault rifle' for a semi-auto is incorrect. But that the correct term is 'assault weapon'.

 

Again, its torturous reading for the most part.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/01/17/is-it-fair-to-call-them-assault-weapons/?utm_term=.78b00aa5fa7b

Kill more people every year than rifles.

 

So you say ban them... I’m with you.

So you say ban them... I’m with you.

 

Why am I not surprised you completely made up something I never even came close to saying.

I completely disagree with a lawsuit. I would much rather have the market dictate what Dick's does. The public can vote on it. Those who disagree with their policy will shop elsewhere. If enough disagree, Dick's will change their policy back. Democracy at the grassroots level.

I completely disagree with a lawsuit. I would much rather have the market dictate what Dick's does. The public can vote on it. Those who disagree with their policy will shop elsewhere. If enough disagree, Dick's will change their policy back. Democracy at the grassroots level.

 

And that’s the way it should be. Just from what I’ve seen in social media (which is decidedly unscientific), there seem to be just as many, if not more people that are applauding the decision and pledging to shop there more often.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.