Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

Featured Replies

Which is a far cry from refusing service to anyone at any time.

 

Not really. Just because I don't do it, doesn't mean I don't have the right to do so.

  • Replies 165
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Not really. Just because I don't do it, doesn't mean I don't have the right to do so.

 

So you are saying you have the right to refuse all Hispanics at all times?

So you are saying you have the right to refuse all Hispanics at all times?

 

I could refuse any customer at any time. Their race, age, gender, etc. is irrelevant.

  • Author
I could refuse any customer at any time. Their race, age, gender, etc. is irrelevant.

 

So you are saying your business could make it a standard policy you refuse all Hispanics?

So you are saying your business could make it a standard policy you refuse all Hispanics?

 

Not sure where you got that. We have a blanket policy that you can deny service to a customer at any time.

 

I understand what you're trying to do, and it's typical. It's why trying to discuss anything with you on here gets more and more impossible every day.

 

Have a good one.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned or brought up. If a buyer comes in and is acting strange or seems to be a bit "Off" or maybe even inebriated...the clerk has the right to deny the sale right then without ever calling the NICS background check.

 

If a buyer gives you a bad feeling you have the right to turn them down.

 

I had a clerk call me one day about a guy that was kinda sketchy acting and just wanting a gun, any kind of gun. We denied him and I told him we weren't going to be able to sell him a gun that day. The guy hung around drinking coffee all day in McDonalds waiting for me to go home, hoping he could buy a gun then. After I showed up at the register again that night after he thought I had gone home and denied him, he left.

 

It came out later dude was having a mental break and wantt wan't to go back to the state mental hospital and was planning on shooting whom ever came to arrest him and take him back to Eastern State Hospitial.

28535227_10211626273676968_1777976338_n.png?oh=a190f2d7e2c8ef8a61a28108256bd394&oe=5A9A5B1E

 

This shows they are allowed to sell to 18 year olds, not that they are required to.

This shows they are allowed to sell to 18 year olds, not that they are required to.

 

My point was that 18-year-olds can buy a gun legally, it's the law that at the age of 18 that they CAN buy a gun. Who are Dick's, Walmart or anyone else to decide that they can't. That has been my point this entire time. Federal Law says that they can...if Walmart/Dick's wants to refuse them, what's next...deny a particular race?

 

Now if the law were to change, fine. Until then sell the guns to anyone that can legally buy them or quit selling guns altogether.

My point was that 18-year-olds can buy a gun legally, it's the law that at the age of 18 that they CAN buy a gun. Who are Dick's, Walmart or anyone else to decide that they can't. That has been my point this entire time. Federal Law says that they can...if Walmart/Dick's wants to refuse them, what's next...deny a particular race?

 

Now if the law were to change, fine. Until then sell the guns to anyone that can legally buy them or quit selling guns altogether.

 

In what way could the law be changed that you wouldn't be all bent out of shape about Dick's/Wal-Mart?

In what way could the law be changed that you wouldn't be all bent out of shape about Dick's/Wal-Mart?

 

Change the law to 21 for all firearm purchases, I'd be upset with the law but not at the stores.

  • Author
Change the law to 21 for all firearm purchases, I'd be upset with the law but not at the stores.

 

Exactly, there should be one law equally applied to everyone always.

Change the law to 21 for all firearm purchases, I'd be upset with the law but not at the stores.

 

So if they didn't add the age requirement to yesterday's announcement, you wouldn't take any issue with what Dick's and Wal-Mart did?

So if they didn't add the age requirement to yesterday's announcement, you wouldn't take any issue with what Dick's and Wal-Mart did?

 

Other than the age requirement what else did they do? If you mean, they decided not to sell certain guns, yep I'm fine with that it. Is their perrogative what inventory they carry and sell.

  • Author
So if they didn't add the age requirement to yesterday's announcement, you wouldn't take any issue with what Dick's and Wal-Mart did?

 

I wouldn't.

 

Anyone can sell or not sell whatever they want and that is none of anyone else's business.

Other than the age requirement what else did they do? If you mean, they decided not to sell certain guns, yep I'm fine with that it. Is their perrogative what inventory they carry and sell.

 

I wouldn't.

 

Anyone can sell or not sell whatever they want and that is none of anyone else's business.

 

With all due respect, I don't believe either one of you. People lose their minds over guns and their ability to access them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.