Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

Featured Replies

How is this any different than what you do on here?

 

Do as I say, not as I do....

  • Replies 165
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I completely disagree with a lawsuit. I would much rather have the market dictate what Dick's does. The public can vote on it. Those who disagree with their policy will shop elsewhere. If enough disagree, Dick's will change their policy back. Democracy at the grassroots level.

 

And that is a perfectly reasonable approach.

Okay, how about this one, I don't know of any law that says a liquor store has to sell alcohol to someone that is 21.

 

And they don't have to. Liquor stores can refuse sale to whomever they want, for whatever reason they want.

And that’s the way it should be. Just from what I’ve seen in social media (which is decidedly unscientific), there seem to be just as many, if not more people that are applauding the decision and pledging to shop there more often.

But it's a lot easier to not shop there than to shop there more. I think initially they may have a bump in supporters spending more but long term I think it's a negative to their sales.

But it's a lot easier to not shop there than to shop there more. I think initially they may have a bump in supporters spending more but long term I think it's a negative to their sales.

 

Their gun sales have been down much of the last year anyway. They are no different than any other retailer....it's difficult landscape for every retailer right now, as online stuff continues to further erode the number of people shopping at brick and mortar stores. I'm so glad I got out of retail 10 years ago.

Small business owners and the people who shop there should be ecstatic about this news from Dick's and Wal-Mart.

Small business owners and the people who shop there should be ecstatic about this news from Dick's and Wal-Mart.

 

I agree, gun stores will do fine.

 

I'm fine with any store deciding not to carry anything they don't want to carry. I disagree with them artificially putting age limits beyond the current state or federal laws.

 

Walmart, Dick's and every other national chain sweat bullets everytime something like this happens and just pray they didn't sell the gun. Even though they all follow the law and complete background checks and follow all applicable laws, the anti gun crowd would crusify Walmart (and others) if one of these guns had been bought there.

I don’t want to live in a world where the government can dictate what private business can and can’t do. Obviously there are parameters that should be kept, but I don’t think letting not letting consumers purchase a gun because they are under 21 is an issue at all.

  • Author
Small business owners and the people who shop there should be ecstatic about this news from Dick's and Wal-Mart.

 

Absolutely! They should be ecstatic! Excellent word.

  • Author
And they don't have to. Liquor stores can refuse sale to whomever they want, for whatever reason they want.

 

I seriously doubt that...

I seriously doubt that...

 

It's your right to be wrong.

 

I work in a liquor store. We are told from the very beginning we can refuse service to anyone at any time.

  • Author
It's your right to be wrong.

 

I work in a liquor store. We are told from the very beginning we can refuse service to anyone at any time.

 

I worked in a liquor store too if that means anything.

 

So you are saying you can refuse any Hispanic man or women for any reason you want?

I worked in a liquor store too if that means anything.

 

So you are saying you can refuse any Hispanic man or women for any reason you want?

 

I don't refuse service to anyone, unless their extremely intoxicated, which I've yet to run into.

  • Author
I don't refuse service to anyone, unless their extremely intoxicated, which I've yet to run into.

 

Which is a far cry from refusing service to anyone at any time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.