I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

theguru

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree with a lawsuit. I would much rather have the market dictate what Dick's does. The public can vote on it. Those who disagree with their policy will shop elsewhere. If enough disagree, Dick's will change their policy back. Democracy at the grassroots level.

And that is a perfectly reasonable approach.

And that’s the way it should be. Just from what I’ve seen in social media (which is decidedly unscientific), there seem to be just as many, if not more people that are applauding the decision and pledging to shop there more often.

But it's a lot easier to not shop there than to shop there more. I think initially they may have a bump in supporters spending more but long term I think it's a negative to their sales.

But it's a lot easier to not shop there than to shop there more. I think initially they may have a bump in supporters spending more but long term I think it's a negative to their sales.

Their gun sales have been down much of the last year anyway. They are no different than any other retailer....it's difficult landscape for every retailer right now, as online stuff continues to further erode the number of people shopping at brick and mortar stores. I'm so glad I got out of retail 10 years ago.

Small business owners and the people who shop there should be ecstatic about this news from Dick's and Wal-Mart.

I agree, gun stores will do fine.

I'm fine with any store deciding not to carry anything they don't want to carry. I disagree with them artificially putting age limits beyond the current state or federal laws.

Walmart, Dick's and every other national chain sweat bullets everytime something like this happens and just pray they didn't sell the gun. Even though they all follow the law and complete background checks and follow all applicable laws, the anti gun crowd would crusify Walmart (and others) if one of these guns had been bought there.

I don’t want to live in a world where the government can dictate what private business can and can’t do. Obviously there are parameters that should be kept, but I don’t think letting not letting consumers purchase a gun because they are under 21 is an issue at all.

It's your right to be wrong.

I work in a liquor store. We are told from the very beginning we can refuse service to anyone at any time.

I worked in a liquor store too if that means anything.

So you are saying you can refuse any Hispanic man or women for any reason you want?